Favorite shows of 2015

I can 1,000% put this and know I will support my answer for every year in the future:

I love all of the corps shows this year and the talent displayed on the field.

I hate wholeheartedly the biased judging put forth by some this season. I have seen talented corps put down for no reason at all other than vendettas and bias. I have no faith anymore that this is a "night-by-night" call of some of the green shirts. I can only pray there is a (non-violent and philisophical) riot on Finals that can drag these judges out and have them leave this activity with it all the better.

• Like 1

I can 1,000% put this and know I will support my answer for every year in the future:

I love all of the corps shows this year and the talent displayed on the field.

I hate wholeheartedly the biased judging put forth by some this season. I have seen talented corps put down for no reason at all other than vendettas and bias. I have no faith anymore that this is a "night-by-night" call of some of the green shirts. I can only pray there is a (non-violent and philisophical) riot on Finals that can drag these judges out and have them leave this activity with it all the better.

Were you there in Buffalo tonight?

This is not a Buffalo issue. This is a season long issue that's been pressing on my mind since day one. Excellence is not always rewarded.

Okay, which shows have you been to this season where you think suspicious judging has occurred?

This is not a Buffalo issue. This is a season long issue that's been pressing on my mind since day one. Excellence is not always rewarded.

What excellence hasn't been rewarded? Cadets and BD were fighting for 1st all early season. Then Crown decided to raise hell in Atlanta and Allentown and now all three are plausible champions with Bluecoats constantly reminding everyone they're definitely not out of the race. Cavies, BK, and Phantom are also a story on their own and the 9-14 placements have plenty of back and forth. Seems like everyone has been rewarded for what they've been putting out.

Edited by Aké
  • Like 2

This is a pretty good year for show design/entertainment value IMO. There are several shows I would like a whole lot more if the singing elements were removed/reduced, but other people seem to like them.

In no particular order -

SCV - I wish they started the show with Pure Imagination and quoted it even more in the show, but that's a small matter. This is a fun show from beginning to end - and seeing the crowd go nuts in A-town when the DM (in Sting voice) put on the red light was great!

Blue Knights - I thought they might take a step back after last year's fantastic show, boy was I wrong

Bluecoats - see BK above. I hope the VERY heavy use of speakers/electronics won't become a trend unless it's done as well as the 'Coats do it (unlikely).

Academy - Some people are bemoaning the cheese factor with the Mary Poppins music, but I think this is a really fun show performed very well.

Devils - I'm not sold on the visual (it's wonderfully executed and the CG is fantastic, but the drill doesn't do much for me), but their musical production is my favorite of the year. Hopefully GG will compose a chart for them every year!

Crown - I still want them to get rid of the Ode to Joy at the end (I know why it's there, but I want them to stay in minor chord hell with a broken crown at the end), but oh well... the rest of the show is a hell of a ride (had to, my apologies)

Phantom's horns - love their sound this year, even if I don't like the show design.

Pacific Crest - For some reason I find myself watching that stupid cube moving around lol... and they play Whitacre's arrangement of Enjoy the Silence :happy:

Great year overall. As always, there's something for everyone if you look at the corps from top to bottom.

• Like 1

This is a strong year for DCI, with things to like in almost every show. Here are the ones I enjoy the most, though:

1. Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. SCV

5. Academy

6. Troopers

7. Madison

8. Blue Knights

9. Phantom (painful for me to admit this low)

10. Bluecoats

11. Boston

12. Blue Stars

13. Colts

Harvey

1 Crown - Most complete show of the season and the only show that generates a visceral reaction from me

2 BD - Not as well though thru as last year but love the Sondheim music and as usual their brass and guard are stunning

3 BAC - This show has really grown on me. So much going on!

5 Academy - 2nd most entertaining show of the season

6 Cadets - New uniforms seem a waste of money. Still, they still move and play like noone else.

7 PR - Accessible and enjoyable

8 Cavies - The theme is weak but sometimes you have to just sit back and enjoy their virtuosity

9 fun, fun, fun!

10 Cascades - I am so pleasantly suprised by this show. I hope they make semi's

most years my list would be longer but I must admit many of the other shows just leave me cold