Prelims

SCV - 19.4/19.6 (19.5)

BD - 19.5/19.1 (19.3)

Cadets - 19.3/19.2 (19.25)

Semis

Cadets - 19.7/19.5 (19.6)

BD - 19.5/19.4 (19.45)

SCV - 19.4/19.3 (19.35)

Interesting placings for both nights. I believe the trophy is still decided on the 3 night average so who takes it?

After the first two nights SCV and Cadets are tied at 19.425, with Blue Devils right behind at 19.375. Can't get much tighter than that. And we shouldn't eliminate Bluecoats quite yet, right behind them with a 19.325.

Performance order tonight could give the edge to Blue Devils but its very conceivable we end up with a 2 way tie for the Sanford. Has that ever happened?

All of these lines play exceptionally well. But in my view the award should go to SCV for the most musical book and having the best overall ensemble sound (battery and pit). I love listening to their lot performances, the writing is fantastic.

• Like 2

Off the top of my head, I can't remember a Drum tie. Everything else, yes. Spirit of Atlanta tied the Bridgemen in 1980, but GE Percussion was the tiebreaker, so Bayonne won.

The caption trophies are an average of all three nights. In the event of a tie, the corps with the higher(st) Finals number breaks the tie. I think I'll table all the numbers and see who's going to win what tonight...

Off the top of my head, I can't remember a Drum tie. Everything else, yes. Spirit of Atlanta tied the Bridgemen in 1980, but GE Percussion was the tiebreaker, so Bayonne won.

The caption trophies are an average of all three nights. In the event of a tie, the corps with the higher(st) Finals number breaks the tie. I think I'll table all the numbers and see who's going to win what tonight...

What would happen if Cadets and SCV were to tie in perc in finals as well?

Drum line battle for the trophy?

I say give them both the Sanford trophy and send a BlueRay disc of their performances to Top Secret so that they can get some ideas for improving their chops:-)

What would happen if Cadets and SCV were to tie in perc in finals as well?

As I said in the other thread: since there are two independent drum judges who PROBABLY won't tie them (out of their respective 20s)--- but averaging those 2 scores COULD arrive at a tie. Since there is no way to break it, they both win drums. And I correct myself: 1991 had a THREE-WAY tie: Star/Cavies/SCV (tho Star was not announced a co-winner that night. I wonder why. There was no tiebreaker, and SCV won GE Percussion over both...)

SCV must have generally had an off night to be 4th from both judges. I'm not sure they'd been scored that low in any of the regionals. I wonder if it was just one of those runs that just went downhill after the synth player stopped playing in the first 15 seconds of the show.

Regardless, BD had the most consistency of the 3 nights and edged out Cadets slightly. If Cadets had pulled an extra .1 in percussion, it would have been a tie. If they did tie breakers, then BD would have still won on the higher finals night score.

I'm assuming I entered all these number correctly.

Prelims Semis Finals Total Average

Cadets 19.25 19.6 19.5 58.35 19.45

BD 19.3 19.45 19.7 58.45 19.48

SCV 19.5 19.35 19.2 58.05 19.35

Bluecoats 19.15 19.35 19.55 58.05 19.35

Edited by gbass598