OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Alright serious question. Is it better to have easy drill like BK that's really clean or hard drill like PR that's slightly dirtier?

Some of both?

• Like 1

I'm going to refer to Phantom's lead guard character as Audrey, who has completed a very successful day of shopping. In other news, I want her bank roll.

Yeah, I've been wondering if Madonna's "Material Girl" wouldn't have been a good choice for this show.

• Like 2

I'm starting with SCV on high cam, then switching to multi later.

I am NOT going to miss that wonderful opening drill, my favorite opener in drum corps!

Well, that didn't work out. High camera focused on keyboardist, which is a really weird coincidence considering, what happened.

Absolutely they can't ( or shouldn't )win the best Percussion award for tonite with that... not unless other lines have similar meltdowns like this in their Percussion line playing tonite.

Wait, is an electronic keyboard percussion?

SCV has one of their Tesla coil props in their retreat block. Will they switch it on when their score is announced?

• Like 1

Neat effect - As each number is announced, the same number of guard performers does something, right up to the 10 rifles front and center at the big horn hit.

Although for #1 through #9, the move happens after the number is spoken, while for #10, it happens before/during the number being spoken.

But none of that is judged for execution anyway: Cadets' judged show doesn't start until after the big long hit in the giant X formation.

Guard uniforms are purple and neon

Purple = 6 letters

Neon = 4 letters

Total of 10 letters

Isn't neon red not green? (When it's not colorless.)

Phantom Regiment doesn't have the best show but they played it to the hilt. I certainly prefer this "Clair de Lune" to their take on "Nimrod" two years ago.

Closer was great

OK N.E. Brigand, there's the CLEAN Cadets show you've been looking for since Massison! :thumbup:

Agreed. What I saw out of alignment on Monday was perfectly straight tonight.

And you can tell they are books from the stands.

They must have made the writing more clear, because that wasn't true earlier in the season. Either that or all the people sitting around me at Dublin were blind. Certainly it's not clear viewing from the high camera tonight. They still look like unmarked white boxes, open to the back.

Great show tonight, though. I'd be fine with a four-way tie for first.