Boston Crusaders 2016

I think acoustic string instruments are still illegal? Not that having an illegal instrument on the field ever stopped BAC....lol

Does it have to be "plugged-in" to make it legal? I seem to recall an electronic violin from Oregon Crusaders?

Both correct. I do know you can get amped versions of acoustic guitars. They're a bit of a weird ######## instrument, but the ones I've heard sounded fine.

I think acoustic string instruments are still illegal? Not that having an illegal instrument on the field ever stopped BAC....lol

Does it have to be "plugged-in" to make it legal? I seem to recall an electronic violin from Oregon Crusaders?

if the guitar is pantomined as being played (even with electronic sampling miked across the field,) I don't think it is illegal. Might drive Tony DiCarlo crazy which would be entertainment of itself.

They sell guitar strings, the Crusaders have a Spanish themed show this year, guitar playing is big in the Spanish culture, the staff does not want to use the synth for any guitar parts, so.......

You're like Detective Joe Friday here on Friday, Ghost. I think you just might be onto a solid hot trail, here... ( ..haha)

Edited by BRASSO

Yes, that was bold. DCI once told Boston in the 80's that you can't use that synth or we'll give you a penalty. Boston said " thats cool .. we're using it anyway because we want too, and it fits the show "... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

Maybe they will make the horn line sound like electric guitars.

You're like Detective Joe Friday here on Friday, Ghost. I think you just might be onto a solid hot trail, here... ( ..haha)

I looked at this website further and found the Blue Devils A corps...

http://www.planetwaves.com/PWArtistDetails.Page?ActiveID=3995&ArtistId=40106&tid=0&ArtistName=Blue_Devils_Drum___Bugle_A_Corps

Maybe they are modifying the new equipment. You might be right.

What about during pre show time?

It might have something to do with the 18' windmills since there is supposed to be some unique sounds coming from them (late in the show?).

Edited by Ghost

Anybody want to guess ( or know for certain) whats inside these boxes that Boston got in the mail ?

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders/photos/a.152218588155426.24386.146636528713632/1108161859227756/?type=3&theater

Phantom Regiment sees your boxes, matches them, and raises 17 more.

13412902_10153821361198668_9205042082821

Edited by xandandl

I get it now. Corps are using boxes for props this year. silly me.