Phantom Regiment 2016

Back on topic...Interesting how some see this on par with 2003 and a classic Phantom show...Phantom doesn't need to go back to basics or retro or whatever. To me and this is my opinion, Phantom is like a top major league baseball team with all the talent that can't make a run season after season. Only here, it's not the players fault for not being competitive.

The Phantom sound isn't on the caption / scoring sheet.

Edited by Phantombari1

Back on topic...Interesting how some see this on par with 2003 and a classic Phantom show...Phantom doesn't need to go back to basics or retro or whatever. To me and this is my opinion, Phantom is like a top major league baseball team with all the talent that can't make a run season after season. Only here, it's not the players fault for not being competitive.

But that sound is pretty amazing this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_KkSd3OJJw

It's just a video, but they sound a lot better than they have in the past few years. Hopefully it's the same thing live.

Thank goodness. If it was, they would probably have to get rid of it and sound generic. Show design seems to be moving that way (generic-ness) due to the way the sheets are written, I'm hoping the sheets never change to reward a certain type of sound over others.

• Like 1

Off topic, I know....but you have just described what it's like being a Detroit Tigers fan!

• Like 1

Thank goodness. If it was, they would probably have to get rid of it and sound generic. Show design seems to be moving that way (generic-ness) due to the way the sheets are written, I'm hoping the sheets never change to reward a certain type of sound over others.

Generic? None of the Top 6's shows right now are anything alike. Let's break this down. We have a

1. Spaghetti Western Revenge Story

2. Ocean-y Tempest Story

3. Statues Coming to Life, Not Digging It, Going Back to Statues

4. Show Demonstrating All Aspects of Propaganda

5. Don't know how to describe Bluecoats... But it's nothing like anyone else!

6. Nature show. (Old-School, but solid.)

But nah. Let's have everyone play Appalachian Spring and wear West Point Uniforms again.

• Like 4

Generic? None of the Top 6's shows right now are anything alike. Let's break this down. We have a

1. Spaghetti Western Revenge Story

2. Ocean-y Tempest Story

3. Statues Coming to Life, Not Digging It, Going Back to Statues

4. Show Demonstrating All Aspects of Propaganda

5. Don't know how to describe Bluecoats... But it's nothing like anyone else!

6. Nature show. (Old-School, but solid.)

But nah. Let's have everyone play Appalachian Spring and wear West Point Uniforms again.

Show design, not theme.

Some nice moments in this year's show, but want to see the finals week product before making any comparisions to previous years.