Shows you didn't care for at the time

I was really surprised when Garfield's thread on 990's showed how much money they had. Too bad some corps doesn't take the initiative to relocate where they can run a bingo.

Again, I'm not begrudge their (or Star's) wealth. Have at it! But as someone pointed out to me, who got credit for all that blinky blinky SCV did? GE? Analysis? No, G(eneral) E(lectric) did. And that's not on the sheets. Come on, Vanguard, you're 0 for 15 in the 21st century. And one bronze.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Devils 2012. For the life of me I can't remember why I didn't like it at the time but now I love it.

the Cadets 2013, mainly for the drumline

Same

Star 91- in HS I couldn't for the life of me figure out why some roman show beat out crazy X Rated Opera- Phantom Regiment or Dark Xmas Music- Cavies. But, I absolutely fell in love with every part of that show!!

BD 97- was good but meh, but more times gone on s bd the music is so way cool! Casablanca with A Night in Tunisia... Awesome

So you're saying you've come to like BD 1997 as Time Goes By? Gotcha

(sorry: I HAD to do that - I can't help myself)

• Like 2

It took me a long, long time to totally wrap my ears around the musical program of Blue Devils '85. But once I realized the effect and long-term influence that some of the effects, and scoring, would have on the activity in general, it became clearer and clearer to me. On my particular CD (which I think runs from '83 to '87 or '88) it was the least-listened to show by me for a long time. Over time, however, it became one of the cuts which I listened to the most.

It took me a long, long time to totally wrap my ears around the musical program of Blue Devils '85. But once I realized the effect and long-term influence that some of the effects, and scoring, would have on the activity in general, it became clearer and clearer to me. On my particular CD (which I think runs from '83 to '87 or '88) it was the least-listened to show by me for a long time. Over time, however, it became one of the cuts which I listened to the most.

That brass book was such a departure from what BD had been doing since '75, it took a long time for me to really enjoy it. However, I listened to just the Emerson's 1st a LOT... that last chord nearly broke my stereo!!! That has got to be one of the loudest and most powerful notes in DCI history.

• Like 1

1993 Cadets.

For quite some time I could not understand how '93 Cadets caught '93 Star at Semi's that year, then beat them again on Finals Night to capture the DCI Title that year. But after watching them both ( and including an outstanding Phamtom Regiment that year ) on Fan Network a few times a few years back, it became more readily apparent to me on how both the Semi's and Finals judges arrived at the same collective evaluations on both Corps performances. As such, I appreciate the '93 Cadets now more than I did at the time.

Edited by BRASSO