What if Corps Swapped Programs?

Lol. You're entitled. I thought so too. I still think Crown and Cadets got snubbed by the judges. Top 4 corps should have been very close and Crown should have won. Incoming Cappybombs five four three two one

that adds to fifteen, not ten! :tounge2:

Lol. You're entitled. I thought so too. I still think Crown and Cadets got snubbed by the judges. Top 4 corps should have been very close and Crown should have won. Incoming Cappybombs five four three two one

Not to rehash - but you're right about Crown. Also, no one got more snubbed than the Cadets.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the 2 corps that would probably place the highest would be BD and Cadets doing almost any championship show from the past. Both have some of the most amazing talent and top level instructors, which is why they have won over half of the championships between them. However, it might show a few limitations from BD since they have a way of designing shows to make sure no weaknesses are showing.

The other 2 corps that I think could do fantastic would be SCV doing Cavaliers 2000, or Cavaliers doing 1999 SCV. I think an interesting show would be Blue Knights doing Phantom 96, and Bluecoats doing BD 94. I think Colts doing 92 Cavaliers show would be fun, and Phantom doing Phantom Of The Opera 89 SCV. Carolina Crown doing Star 91. Pacific Crest doing BD 97, and Mandarins doing Cadets 93. Jersey Surf doing Anaheim Kingsmen 72. And maybe either Blue Stars or Pioneer doing Madison 75. And Boston doing Madison 88. I really think some of your normal lower placing corps would do quite well with some of these shows.

The other 2 corps that I think could do fantastic would be SCV doing Cavaliers 2000, or Cavaliers doing 1999 SCV. I think an interesting show would be Blue Knights doing Phantom 96, and Bluecoats doing BD 94. I think Colts doing 92 Cavaliers show would be fun, and Phantom doing Phantom Of The Opera 89 SCV. Carolina Crown doing Star 91. Pacific Crest doing BD 97, and Mandarins doing Cadets 93. Jersey Surf doing Anaheim Kingsmen 72. And maybe either Blue Stars or Pioneer doing Madison 75. And Boston doing Madison 88.

Why do you think Cavs would do well with '99 SCV?

I picked Bluecoats for that show because they have been doing more minimalistic/mixed meter pieces, have had strong back-to-back ballads, and their percussion is one of the best.

I had the Cavaliers doing Cadets '11 because '13-'15 they had done programs with groups of people/conflicts like Secret Society, Immortal, and Game On. The Angels & Demons theme would continue to fit their style. I know Mike McIntosh would be all about writing for a split drumline and would do some interesting instrumentation/arrangement.