Go Cadets!

Tobias

Well they just placed 2nd. I'm kind of dumbfounded as to how.

I had parents of an MBI member sitting next to me starting somewhere in the second block of corps. They are new to the activity, hadn't seen most of the other corps, and asked me all sorts of questions about how the scoring works. (As if I know!) They started getting really worried about how MBI would do once they saw Kidsgrove. And to their untrained eyes, C2 seemed the best of the night.

An aside: We almost had a penalty cost a corps a finals slot. Even without the 0.4, it would not have been enough for Gold to grab the 10th spot.

Has anyone heard what the penalty was for?

I admit being only a season or two new to DCA. But last years Cabs didn't have the same brass problems I heard this year. I'm not saying they're terrible, but I feel like I heard lots of consistency concerns across the line this season. Like fundamentals are not as strong as stuff I've youtubed from the last decade or so.

You lose a bunch of seasoned vets?? Well there's your answer, growing pains,

I admit being only a season or two new to DCA. But last years Cabs didn't have the same brass problems I heard this year. I'm not saying they're terrible, but I feel like I heard lots of consistency concerns across the line this season. Like fundamentals are not as strong as stuff I've youtubed from the last decade or so.

The visual and stamina in DCA are taking presidence over power and playing ability. It's part of the growing pains that DCA is facing. While they may have youth and stamina in the field program they don't have the chops in the horn line and the drum line . Hopefully they can cover it up with electronics.

Cadets definitely deserved 2nd place. Cleanest corps of the night (along with Bucs) and consistent across all captions. Bucs and Cadets (& Fusion) guards by fair stronger than other guards.

I wouldnt be surprised to see cadets remain in 2nd and open the gap on 3rd.

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 1

They were my favorite. :colgate: Also liked Sky and Hurcs.

C2 has those elements that impress spectators, great guard, great percussion and March pretty well. Regardless of outcome tonight, they will get a nice surge at auditions for 2016, design will move up on the complexity scale and I think they'll challenge for top spot. They just needed that one season where they become " a serious part of the conversation".

The visual and stamina in DCA are taking presidence over power and playing ability. It's part of the growing pains that DCA is facing. While they may have youth and stamina in the field program they don't have the chops in the horn line and the drum line . Hopefully they can cover it up with electronics.

Agreed! The only exception to this is Reading. And it is why they are winning year after year, after year, after year, after year....

Agreed

But have they even been sent a application form to send in a dues check yet ?

It took MBI what? 30 years??

I love MBI but before 2011 they hadn't earned it. If you're talking about the hell they went through to become a finalist in the 80's I'll agree. From the 90's on they've gotten what they should have