Go Cadets!

Tobias

You lose a bunch of seasoned vets?? Well there's your answer, growing pains,

This. But they're also losing younger players. The past few years, Cabs have had a good deal of high school/college kids. And most of them are absolute beasts on the field. But the trend seems to be march for 2 or 3 years, and then stop. Going to college AND laying down $800 a summer isn't feasible for a lot of families. As DCA gets younger (a good thing) it's also getting less consistent membership, especially when you add in older vets leaving.

• Like 1

The visual and stamina in DCA are taking precedence over power and playing ability. It's part of the growing pains that DCA is facing. While they may have youth and stamina in the field program they don't have the chops in the horn line and the drum line. Hopefully they can cover it up with electronics.

I am no fan of electronics in drum corps, but I heard almost no "covering up" from any corps yesterday. This year's DCA electronics use is so much better than 2009's DCI electronics use that I can't even compare the two.

Gold's penalty was being under time.

Wow. Well, that's presumably a combination of nerves rushing them (and not milking the applause moments between movements) and a show designed to maximize effect while minimizing effort (relatively speaking). I'm really glad that wasn't the reason they missed Finals.

I had parents of an MBI member sitting next to me starting somewhere in the second block of corps. They are new to the activity, hadn't seen most of the other corps, and asked me all sorts of questions about how the scoring works. (As if I know!) They started getting really worried about how MBI would do once they saw Kidsgrove. And to their untrained eyes, C2 seemed the best of the night.

Well they weren't horribly off, were they? Cadets have a great guard and to a spectator that is very visual, one can see how C2 would be ranked close to the top,

Congrats Cadets2! Placing second in your 4th year if existence is no easy feat. Congrats on winning Guard!

and PLEASE, keep the current uniform..... it IS your identity !

Yeah we all saw what happen when you don't

I think they will be black next year. All those new uniforms only used a few times, plus the white ones are a few years old.

1. Congrats on a GREAT season

2. No - they will be in the black. The new uniforms were bought for them and the old ones are hand-me-downs and, frankly, worn out

3. Hopefully Cadets2 will build on this year (recruitment should be great) and build that brass line - the only thing that held them back from really challenging BUCS for the title

Go Cadets2!