Jamey Thompson's Best Phantom Show

I think Jamey is extremely underrated. I really enjoyed his late 90s / early 2000s Glassmen shows. While he may not be flashy, he sure is extremely musical and stages both the musicians and guard beautifully.

My favorite Regiment show of his is 2011, with 2005 and 2006 pretty close behind.

My favorite stuff of his are his Glassmen shows.

Sort of off topic, but while Jamey's talents might be missing from the DCI ranks, he is alive and kicking in DCA. He wrote for Atlanta CV this year and absolutely tore it up. His drill was a huge reason why we were able to move into the top 5 this summer. Our guard finished second, in large part because they were always staged in a manner to be effective and supportive of the musical book. We were THRILLED with his work and look forward to him helping us to even higher heights next year.

Dan

• Like 1

I think 2014's drill was being shoved around by the others on the design team who were trying to force a bad show to work. If it is looked at closely it is obvious that it was not typical stylistically of his work.

• Like 1

You mean it looked like crap?

I'm sure Jamey appreciates this comment......

I thought the drill for Turandot was quite beautiful. Fit the music perfectly.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

I personally know he stopped caring at the beginning of the '13 season. Said so himself.

It was crap.

Lol, you soooo know Jamey, and that is TOTALLY something he would say.

Is that what he told you when you guys hung out with John Lennon and he talked about how Madonna was his key influence?

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1

phd-student-TTU

"I personally know he stopped caring at the beginning of the '13 season. Said so himself."

It was crap.

I personally think you're wrong. Jamey takes his work very personally and seriously. Have a really hard time believing most of the "crap" you post on DCP. See, ya made me go there.

Edited by Sutasaurus