Cadets 2016

Tobias

Its because BD started bingo before any other DCI Corps (... or something like that, we're told )

Since gringos playing their bingos made BD prosperous, this corps should change their name now, imo.

From Concord, Calif........The Blue Bingos.

Bongos. ScoJo asked for Bongos.

I will restrain myself now.

:tounge2:

• Like 1

First, I thought...Hmmm

Then I thought...I'd slit my wrists

Then I woke up

They say you can't die in your own dreams. That's good, because I think that was next.

$6mm, ding, ding, ding. And that's if you include everything.

Funny thing is I was going to forward the job op to you. But then I said to myself, "Self, would you want him to leave his beloved Ohio, his son, and a well run drum corps contest in order to live in George's office?"

But here's the link in case you get bored while the kid's on tour:

http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1036-the-search-for-a-finance-manager

but understand it with this which Hopkins previously posted:

SEARCHING FOR AN ELUSIVE FINANCIAL MANAGER !!!!

I have been here working at this organization for close to 40 years.

I have been the CEO since 1983.

From the beginning, when I did my own accounting, to today, when we have income of over $6 Million dollars, financial reporting and management has always been an issue.

Either I hired folks that were not meant to work for YEA! and were asked to leave,

Or I hired folks that were excellent but stayed for only a year or so,

Or I hired folks that simply were not of the mindset to handle the excitement of working with a volatile and growing not for profit.

One way or the other … I have not had the partner financially, who will see things through with the team and I on a day-to -day basis. And it drives me crazy, and I bet it drives the YEA! Board crazy.

So what do we need and why do I write openly?

We need a Controller

To be specific we need is someone who is a cross between a CFO and a Controller. We do not have the financial resources to be paying 6 figures for the position, and frankly, there are times when life here is pretty stable. BUT, we are seasonal, and when we hit band season, the workload can be crazy. The income arrives quickly and the expenses can pile up. Checks have to be written for an assortment of judges, and stadiums, and much else. It’s just a wild time!

You will have a bookkeeper, you will have even 2 and there are seasonal staff .. you are not alone, but on the other hand you will NOT have a staff of 10.

And we do need analysis. Frankly, for 30 years I have worried about money. I worry we spend too much. I worry we have invested too much into programs and I worry we do not have the resources to survive rain and snow each Fall!

And most of my worry, is just something I carry. Day and night. It comes with the territory.

But if you are reading this still, you might be the person who can be a real partner.

Are you the person who can provide a monthly review on the 10th of the month? Complete with ideas ?? are you the fiscal hero who can manage department heads who do great work but know only a bit of the financial world? And can you, with help from me, come forward with ideas for the better use of human and all other resources?

This is not a finance job where you do the numbers and sit back. This is about making programs better. This is about growing what we have done here to what we cannot even imagine ??

Do you want to make a difference for kids?

Do you have finance skills?

Do you want to have a say in what happens today and for many years to come?

Write to me now

Write to me at ....

hopkins@yea.org

I will hire tomorrow but if you are all the above, chances are you are employed and I may have to wait ? and I will wait. I may have to wait? But for the right person who has the out and out passion for all we do we will do, I will do, all that is necessary .... this I promise.

Edited by xandandl

This bus was what ferried MikeD from performance to performance bitd; bidding details soon to be announced, so get your shrine space ready:

10295710_10153800391986349_2896984736175

Pete Dubinski and Hugh Mahon?

Pete Dubinski and Hugh Mahon?

While Hugh had retired from Cadets staff by the time Dr. Joe Cinzio brought me to Garfield, Pete Dubinski (father of Star of Indiana snare tech) continued to drive until Hopkin's took over. All of them great guys of whom I have fond memories. I worked with Hughie when he spent time with L.I. Kingsmen drill staff.

this is what the 5th time in the last 12 - 18 months this job has been posted. what happened to the cfo he was raving about in august?

Excellent question...

for which he gives a partial answer:

"...Either I hired folks that were not meant to work for YEA! and were asked to leave,

Or I hired folks that were excellent but stayed for only a year or so,

Or I hired folks that simply were not of the mindset to handle the excitement of working with a volatile and growing not for profit.

One way or the other … I have not had the partner financially, who will see things through with the team and (me) on a day-to -day basis. And it drives me crazy, and I bet it drives the YEA! Board crazy."

so, he doesn't know how to hire the right person and the board is doing what about that? seems to me that would be a good time for the board chair or the head of the audit or finance committee to step in and make a good hire and give that person at least a dotted line reporting responsibility to the audit and/or finance committee? no?

this is what the 5th time in the last 12 - 18 months this job has been posted. what happened to the cfo he was raving about in august?

Don't be ridiculous. 4th..

• Like 1