Cadets 2016

Tobias

Not been able to keep up so far this season but I am shocked at all the negative reaction to a show that is going through changes daily. Seems some cannot wait to join the parade in hoping the cadets fail big time this season and will make a lot of people very happy if they do. I guess I should not be all that surprised considering this IS the internet and this type of negativity is all too common. :wall::grrr:

Well I wish the Cadets nothing but success. I've loved and respected the Cadets since my marching days. Their members exhibited such class in victory and defeat. When I saw The Power of 10 last year, I was pulling for the Cadets to win finals (until Crown came on so strong at the end), because they were marching and playing such a demanding drill (more demanding than anyone else, by far). I was thrilled. They hit us over the head with the theme a little bit too hard. But, the music and drill were just fantastic. Super show. I was bummed they got 4th.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

To my ears, it was just a coach saying "this it the first show of the season; don't go out there and try to win Finals night with this performance. Play within yourself, and recognize that we're not done yet. Tonight's performance will let us know where we stand - including hearing what the judges say - and we'll continue to work on those things throughout the season."

As opposed to "Oh kids, we don't know what we're going to do! We need to hear the judges' opinions to know how to fix this!"

OK. Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said that and you know it. I practically quoted what he was saying and you're amplifying it. I guess if they didn't know what they were doing, the Cadets would have been in last place.

Seems some cannot wait to join the parade in hoping the cadets fail big time this season and will make a lot of people very happy

I also think a lot of sock-puppets were created right before the season started, so people can more freely make snide comments (not necessarily just against Cadets) and add additional hype to their favorites.

• Like 1

OK. Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I never said that and you know it. I practically quoted what he was saying and you're amplifying it. I guess if they didn't know what they were doing, the Cadets would have been in last place.

Fair enough - didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Sorry about that.

Fair enough - didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Sorry about that.

No problem. I guess we all just see things differently some times.

Was not picking you out of the crowd so please don't take my remarks as directed towards you because they were not.

Say you're sorry 10 times now lol.