DCI - Spotlight of the week

When did this change?

Playing random pre-recorded elevator music over a clip of the featured show instead of just showing a clip of the show...

Bluecoats 2014 this week but they're not the first.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

You might be right. Maybe Mike can just pick corps where the segment edited will not cause issues. Otherwise, it's not worth watching.

DCI spotlight the week 12/21/2015 featured 1976 Blue Stars with disco music that they didn't play?

DCI spotlight the week 12/14/2015 featured 2008 Madison Scouts with calypso music that they didn't play?

DCI spotlight the week 12/07/2015 featured 1985 Suncoast Sound with elevator music that they didn't play?

DCI spotlight the week 11/23/2015 featured 1989 Freelancers with funky music that they didn't play?

DCI spotlight the week 11/09/2015 featured 2010 Boston Crusaders with music they actually played? I'm confused!

Oh well. I got my 1 CD and 1 DVD gift to me on December 23 :smile: edit: single spaced lines

Edited by lindap

Hope you had a great Boxing Day. Tottenham Hotspurs moved into the top 4 on Saturday and tied for third after today's match.

I'll try to catch up to Tottenham and world Jr. hockey later as I usually watch sports on boxing day. This year I shopped for percussion instruments for my grand daughters. I bought maracas and a glockenspiel lol. To stay on topic, here's 'How Long Has This Been Going On?' by Ace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_GMMLULXw

You might be right. Maybe Mike can just pick corps where the segment edited will not cause issues. Otherwise, it's not worth watching.

I wish it were that easy, and I've sent in the time codes for all the installments that have utilized stock music until (hopefully) this issue is remedied. For example, 6:42 to 8:20 is the segment I selected for the Bluecoats' article. I'm as unhappy about what's happened as anyone, and like everyone else, I hope the issues we're dealing with will soon be a thing of the past.

• Like 4

In the meantime, there are lots of great Country- Western Songs that could be on Michael Boo's playlist to incorporate as dubs over the actual Corps songs. :

" She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy "..... Kenny Chesney

" She Never Told Me She Was a Mime "...... by Al Yankovic

" If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You ".... by Al Lowe

" Careful With That Axe "...... by Eugene Foster

" Billy Broke My Heart At Walmart, And I Cried All The Way To Sears"........ by Ruby Wright

" I Wish I Was In Dixie Tonight, But She Is Out Of Town "............ by Bill Atchley

" I Gave Her The Ring, She Gave Me The Finger"............ by The Honky Tonk Juke Box Band

" Did I Shave My Legs For THIS ?.......... by Deana Carter

" She Got The Gold Mine, I Got The Shaft ".... Conway Twitty.

Lots of great dubbing songs out there to play over the actual corps songs, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

" If I Can't Be Number One In Your Life, Then Number Two On You ".... by Al Lowe

" I Wish I Was In Dixie Tonight, But She Is Out Of Town "............ by Bill Atchley

Always great to start the day with a laugh. Now, if Midway Airport has no issues on our way back home, it will be a super day.

• Like 1