DCA Schedule!

Killjoy Fran :silly: Geez may have to check out Frederick as not that far from us... at least a direct route....

Some Questions!

1 -- With 4 shows on Aug 6th: Won't the Quality of each will be very limited.

2 -- Wildwood, NJ - IS the FIRST show again thid year !!!

3 -- Which show will be the, Big, almost like a Regional one?

4 -- Will the Racine show be a Jr/All age show?

I don't think anyone knows who is going to be at what show yet. I know that our director came back from the DCA meeting with a tentative schedule but I don't think anything has been finalized yet.

I know that CV is planning on being in Baltimore for the 4th of July festivities. That should be a fun trip.

Dan

• Like 1

Having done 4th of July parades in Bal-mur (OK Baltimore for non locals) there have always been enough DCA corps to have a show. I can remember at least one year when there was a show within a day of the parades. Hazy memory of the Hurrcs being at Havre de Grace that year which is not held on the 4th but weekend closest to the 4th so they don't interfere with the other 5 parades.

OK I looked... 4th is on a Monday (Tour de Baltimore) so Havre de Grace will probably be on the 3rd..... and field show on the 2nd? Good chances for paying some bills.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

At least you can do some music work while WAITING!!!! for Havre de Grace if you're near the end of the parade.....

Good luck and hoping for non nasty weather for all corps doing that weekend..... :worthy:

• Like 1

Oh, and as for the 4 shows on August 6th, two of them are in outlying areas (Wisconsin and Georgia). This really is just an opportunity for everyone to get a number on the same weekend. Doubt it will effect the attendance at any of the four shows.

Dan

• Like 1

2 -- Wildwood, NJ - IS the FIRST show again this year !!!

Can't think of a better place to start the season. Always a fun weekend... for the corps and the fans!!!

• Like 4

Some Questions!

1 -- With 4 shows on Aug 6th: Won't the Quality of each will be very limited.

2 -- Wildwood, NJ - IS the FIRST show again thid year !!!

3 -- Which show will be the, Big, almost like a Regional one?

4 -- Will the Racine show be a Jr/All age show?

size doesnt make quality. good corps regardless of size makes good quality

• Like 2

tying in with the baltimore/DC suburbs area for a show around the 4th is huge. ( of course, i'll be at Dewey beach, so I'm out).

The area is infested with hundreds of schools within a 2 hour drive of kids and directors that do TOB, USBands, Cavalcade, and I think there's a circuit in VA too. This is where DCA would be smart to reach out to those circuits like DCI has to be partners, which entails little more than "here's our banner, here's yours, and oh hey, if you put our link up, we'll put yours". I know when people have walked into DCI East and have seen the HUGE TOB banner hanging on the back wall, it got attention. We all know every corps in the NE region has at least someone tied to one of these circuits, most corps have people tied to all of them. This is a huge opportunity to make new friends to help promote DCA to the next generation. if asked I'd gladly help open doors within TOB