DCA Schedule!

tying in with the baltimore/DC suburbs area for a show around the 4th is huge. ( of course, i'll be at Dewey beach, so I'm out).

The area is infested with hundreds of schools within a 2 hour drive of kids and directors that do TOB, USBands, Cavalcade, and I think there's a circuit in VA too. This is where DCA would be smart to reach out to those circuits like DCI has to be partners, which entails little more than "here's our banner, here's yours, and oh hey, if you put our link up, we'll put yours". I know when people have walked into DCI East and have seen the HUGE TOB banner hanging on the back wall, it got attention. We all know every corps in the NE region has at least someone tied to one of these circuits, most corps have people tied to all of them. This is a huge opportunity to make new friends to help promote DCA to the next generation. if asked I'd gladly help open doors within TOB

Great points. Nice to see a fresh venue like this on the schedule. Like you said, it could open some doors.

• Like 1

How difficult would it be to arrange some clinics or seminars at the rehearsal or show site with local bands/directors to let them see a top DCA corps rehearsal, get to talk to members and staff and generally get a healthy introduction to what DCA has become? I have no idea what the logistics would be but DCI does this on a regular basis. No idea if those seminars are organized by DCI or the individual corps. Seems to me like this would be an opportunity for some incredible PR. Just a thought.

Dan

• Like 1

How difficult would it be to arrange some clinics or seminars at the rehearsal or show site with local bands/directors to let them see a top DCA corps rehearsal, get to talk to members and staff and generally get a healthy introduction to what DCA has become? I have no idea what the logistics would be but DCI does this on a regular basis. No idea if those seminars are organized by DCI or the individual corps. Seems to me like this would be an opportunity for some incredible PR. Just a thought.

Dan

I had the pleasure of seeing Michael Cesario do those clinics at a few DCI shows I announced, several years back. He was awesome. Made the whole thing fun to watch, and I think we all learned something as well.

Dan

it's up to the corps to want to do it. I saw the GearWorks program Cavies do up close last year, and they even found a way to make a little on it. Now granted, DCi corps go all day every day, so they feel pressured for time like a DCA corps would with weekend only. But many of the corps that do it tie their regular rehearsal into it, so they still get work done and help go behind the curtain so to speak.

it's up to the corps to want to do it. I saw the GearWorks program Cavies do up close last year, and they even found a way to make a little on it. Now granted, DCi corps go all day every day, so they feel pressured for time like a DCA corps would with weekend only. But many of the corps that do it tie their regular rehearsal into it, so they still get work done and help go behind the curtain so to speak.

Cabs did a clinic/rehearsal for the band at Madison High School in New Jersey last year, even incorporating the band's students into each sectional. It was very successful for both groups.

• Like 1

Dan read my mind. Jeff's points are well taken as well- he's read my mind as well regarding the potential difficulties.

Glad to hear the Cabs have done some of this- There's a wealth of knowledge with in DCA that could really be a boon to many HS programs in this region in terms of clinics.

It would also put DCA in a more positive aspect, I'd believe with the right people.

Also- there's a lot of "What's DCA, I've never heard of it!?" out there. Awareness has to start somewhere.

I know that an Alumni type Corps I was with, had a practise at a High School we normaly did Not use. I was surprised when a bunch of the local kids showed up. Liked what they saw. Some even sat in and played a little.