Tanglewood Brass Spetacular

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the assistant music director at Tanglewood is Ken-David Masur, and the late Kurt Masur, a titanic conductor who led the New York Philharmonic from 1991 to 2002 and died in December (NYT obit), was Ken-David's father.

must be my meds.

Went back looking for the obit I recently read but can't find it amidst my clutter. Thanks for the correction.

John Mackey, Cadets, Phantom Regiment FB pages all have links to vids of the performances, especially 1812.

I just saw the pbs broadcast about this on my home station. Wow! Hang onto your hats! What great exposure for drum corps. The BAC & BD MMs represented the activity to perfection.

My favorite part was when it was mentioned that this was the loudest thing anyone had ever heard in their lives. :w00t:

I just saw the pbs broadcast about this on my home station. Wow! Hang onto your hats! What great exposure for drum corps. The BAC & BD MMs represented the activity to perfection.

My favorite part was when it was mentioned that this was the loudest thing anyone had ever heard in their lives. :w00t:

you saw the 2015 version, that is last year. This year was even louder!

• Like 2

you saw the 2015 version, that is last year. This year was even louder!

Does this mean it's now a regular happening?

Does this mean it's now a regular happening?

Read through this whole thread (7) pages for the great reactions to Boston Pops, Mike and Freddy Martin, BAC, Regiment, Bloo and Cadets and an overflowing houseful of wowed audience.

Also composer John Mackey was present and he and several of the above corps have posted portions of this years' concert on FB and Youtube. Enjoy! and look for next year's versions thanks to Mike Martin, BAC, and others.

• Like 3