Tanglewood Brass Spetacular

Oof! That's gonna hurt!

Yes just wonderful. The Kids are doing a great job. Great experience for them all.

Can't make it out to Tanglewood, but I can't wait to see this Tanglewood concert on BFD- TV with these 4 Corps playing with the Boston Pops Orchestra. This sure will look real good for these marchers on their job application resume, huh ? Some will be able to state that they performed twice in concert with the Boston Pops Orchestra at Tanglewood too.

Edited by BRASSO

Can't make it out to Tanglewood, but I can't wait to see this Tanglewood concert on BFD- TV with these 4 Corps playing with the Boston Pops Orchestra. This sure will look real good for these marchers on their job application resume, huh ?

Like the four drum majors co-conducting with Kurt Mazur and meeting with him particularly?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Noticed a comment by Brian Balmages, another excellent composer. I arranged his "Among the Clouds" for the band I teach a few years ago.

Brian Balmages is awesome. We played a piece by him for our state assessment in high school (the name of the piece is escaping me) and he came in for a day to help us get the intricacies of the piece down.

• Like 1

Brian Balmages is awesome. We played a piece by him for our state assessment in high school (the name of the piece is escaping me) and he came in for a day to help us get the intricacies of the piece down.

Welcome to the club, Cap. Now you're really a veteran DCP poster, a dino in training!

Welcome to the club, Cap. Now you're really a veteran DCP poster, a dino in training!

Crap.

Just remembered the name: Midnight on Main Street

Back to the topic, sorry fellas.

Good Luck to all these great performers tonight! What memories will be made and music played. A beautiful and historic venue and a wonderful idea BSO-POPS/BAC.-- Thank-you!

Here's hoping it stays yearly event with DCI possibly showcasing their talent, live, at Tanglewood, someday.

Cheers!

• Like 1