Florida Shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqDCHzTBQ44

Check around 17:45 mark. They are thinking about Jacksonville and Lakeland. Still no word about SoFla, but I wouldn't be shocked if they chose Tampa.

I didn't hear anything about Lakeland but he did mention south Florida, and Tampa isn't south Florida. The July 11th date on the official DCI schedule still reads "DCI South Florida". Granted, I don't have any real insight as to what's going on behind the scenes but if they're trying to hit north, central, and south Florida, then Jacksonville, Orlando, and Miami seem like the three most likely areas.

I'm hearing differently, plus you have to factor in that the drive to Miami is a *lot* longer. The Bay area is far more realistic.

I was thinking of the long drive to Miami being a factor as well. I figured a show in Jacksonville or central FL made more sense, but they still have south FL on the DCI schedule.

I was thinking of the long drive to Miami being a factor as well. I figured a show in Jacksonville or central FL made more sense, but they still have south FL on the DCI schedule.

I know you posted otherwise above, but the Tampa Bay area really is considered to be "south Florida" by those outside the state. It's highly likely this is what DCI is referring to. And hey, it is where the University of South Florida is based...

I know you posted otherwise above, but the Tampa Bay area really is considered to be "south Florida" by those outside the state. It's highly likely this is what DCI is referring to. And hey, it is where the University of South Florida is based...

I always wondered why the hell USF was in Tampa. That's interesting.

Both UNF and JU have nice stadiums. Creekside and Bartram Trail HS's are ok

Both UNF and JU have nice stadiums. Creekside and Bartram Trail HS's are ok

It would make me very happy if they chose UNF because I live on the southside and I can almost walk to UNF. The feeling I get though is that this would be a huge money making oporotunity for one of the local high school band booster clubs and St. Johns County seems to have all of the best band programs in the area. That's why my guess is Nease. But I would love to be wrong because UNF would be the better option. That campus is beautiful. Not JU though. Things have been a little sketchy lately in Arlington.

I teach at Creekside

Cool! Who knows, maybe they will choose your school. I feel pretty confident it'll end up being somewhere in your county one way or another. Way more band kids in St. Johns County.