DATR gone from DCI Live lineup?

Just not feeling the outrage here, other than for the use of ‘proactive’

But outrage is the new discourse. Haven't you been paying attention to the current state of American politics? :)

Thanks for going to the source. As garfield says, you shouldn't have to do that.

You're welcome. For the fans of drum corps...anything.

The situation and the explanation begs: Why wasn't "the source" paying attention to their public announcements and show schedule to identify errors instead of waiting for the paying public to get ###### off, call in for clarification, and do "The Source's" job for him/her?

"The Source" needs to be more proactive and present a more accurate picture to fans - who have already paid - what they can expect. How many fans have turned up their noses and walked away because DCI's information is inaccurate?

I think Mike New is closer to the facts than you are, Mike. In many ways, DCI is run like a middle school instead of a $10mm organization.

IMO, of course.

Love 'ya, Garfield, but I think you're taking this harder than necessary. Poo occurs. It usually just takes a little checking to get to the bottom of something. DCI isn't in the business of withholding information, but sometimes information takes a left turn. Being that there were still lots and lots of great shows, and knowing from the notice that additional events are expected to be added, I hope no one was about to jump off the top of Pikes Peak because DATR wasn't listed. It was a glaring omission and had been covered for years, and as such, should have arose questions (and hope) that something was amiss. People, computers, and software sometimes overlook things, but the list is published months in advance so that corrections can be made when necessary.

I'm willing to save the pitchforks and torches for the eventuality of more pressing matters that might not be so easy to remedy, like when the FBI eventually goes to Apple asking them to unlock my iPhone to learn what Dennis DeLucia, Brandt Crocker, and I are plotting. (Hint: Think mass hypnosis at Lucas Oil Stadium. You will be assimilated.) To that end, (and this is true), I have been informed that the two arrangements I wrote on commission from the Indiana Bandmasters Association in celebration of Indiana's Bicentennial this year will both be performed at the DCI World Championships by the INpact Band, comprised of band students from across the state. One is the official state song of Indiana, and the other the unofficial state song that most think is the official state song...one to be performed during the Saturday SoundSport event and the other during the pre-show at Finals. Let the assimilation begin!

Edited by Michael Boo

Love 'ya, Garfield, but I think you're taking this harder than necessary. Poo occurs. It usually just takes a little checking to get to the bottom of something. DCI isn't in the business of withholding information, but sometimes information takes a left turn. Being that there were still lots and lots of great shows, and knowing from the notice that additional events are expected to be added, I hope no one was about to jump off the top of Pikes Peak because DATR wasn't listed. It was a glaring omission and had been covered for years, and as such, should have arose questions (and hope) that something was amiss. People, computers, and software sometimes overlook things, but the list is published months in advance so that corrections can be made when necessary.

I'm willing to save the pitchforks and torches for the eventuality of more pressing matters that might not be so easy to remedy, like when the FBI eventually goes to Apple asking them to unlock my iPhone to learn what Dennis DeLucia, Brandt Crocker, and I are plotting. (Hint: Think mass hypnosis at Lucas Oil Stadium. You will be assimilated.) To that end, (and this is true), I have been informed that the two arrangements I wrote on commission from the Indiana Bandmasters Association in celebration of Indiana's Bicentennial this year will both be performed at the DCI World Championships by the INpact Band, comprised of band students from across the state. One is the official state song of Indiana, and the other the unofficial state song that most think is the official state song...one to be performed during the Saturday SoundSport event and the other during the pre-show at Finals. Let the assimilation begin!

Will there be copyright questions when the thousands cheer "Boo" on Inpact, especially from Canton?

You know those folks can tilt the situation to their own liking. Just look at the kinetic noise they put out when their name is misspelled.

Is cheering Boo an oxymoron?

Edited by xandandl

Love you, too, Boo! even as I wonder why I'm sending my annual contribution to DCI. They seem absolutely intent on proving that fan contact is not an expression of overt support for the focal point for the activity by demonstrating at every opportunity that fan interaction is nothing more than a distraction to be dealt with as so many lawyer interactions. I, personally, think this is a subversive and subtle nudging process to provide virtually no "customer support", let alone fan development, for the fans who support it, in favor of a profit center approach that constantly cuts services and attention to the highest and most prolific donors to the activity. "DCI", through its puppet-master corps, has done everything possible to refocus the attention on them and their problems instead of fans and what it takes to generate ticket revenue.

I'd better shut up now.

BTW, I chuckled at your wit through most of this. It ain't personal, brother, and I know you hear the harmony, too.

• Like 1

<snip>

To that end, (and this is true), I have been informed that the two arrangements I wrote on commission from the Indiana Bandmasters Association in celebration of Indiana's Bicentennial this year will both be performed at the DCI World Championships by the INpact Band, comprised of band students from across the state. One is the official state song of Indiana, and the other the unofficial state song that most think is the official state song...one to be performed during the Saturday SoundSport event and the other during the pre-show at Finals. Let the assimilation begin!

Man, that's some great stuff! Congrats, Boo! Good for you!. The Impact band gets a direct infusion of Boo (as my Dad used to say, "You could do worse!") and LOS! They'll never be the same after that, eh Mike? :tounge2:

• Like 1

I have been informed this particular event IS going to be available and should be listed on the calendar.

Please note this line from the original news release: "Additional events are expected to be added to this preliminary schedule as the summer approaches. Schedule is subject to change."

Thank you for noticing the oversight and mentioning it so it can be corrected. It will appear soon.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program. :)

This is good to hear. Going to the source is not something all of us can do, but at least SOMEONE can, and provide answers to questions like mine. Thanks.