DVD and Bluray on sale

Please know that there is NO updated CD. It turns out there was an error in the product description for the 2015 CD. If you've got the CD already, you've got what everyone else will be getting. That error has now been corrected on the DCI website.

thanks for getting that fixed!
  • Like 1

so, are the cuts truly just cuts and gone completely.......or is the drill showed with the audio muted with a licensing message? Or, screen goes dark and audio plays.

I'm speculating based on how things have been done in the past. Usually, the music goes silent and the visual is seen. The exception was when synch rights couldn't be secured for Madison Scouts' "Empire State of Mind," which I discussed above in Post #11. It was decided more people wanted to hear the music, so the visual went black.

I will be ordering the Bku Ray as a sign of support for DCI and doing the hard work unlike DCA

But I can't believe any savvy marketing person would proclaim.......

The wait is over! ( shipping in April )

frankiE

I imagine every year this makes Tom Blair upset to have to release a product with edits and cuts, but man, this season his own corps (Cavies) with some 2 minutes and 45 seconds cut must really make him ill...I know it would me.

I will be ordering the Bku Ray as a sign of support for DCI and doing the hard work unlike DCA

This is just stupid. DCA absolutely did "the hard work". Infact, The made the less popular, but more *responsible* choice not to produce video media. A cost benefit analysis indicated that it would not be financially viable to secure the necessary synch rights for such a small (and yea, it's #### small) amount of sales.

• Like 2

Pardon me if this is a naive question, but why couldn't DCI simply require that every participating corps only use music for which they have already obtained rights? I assume that the corps must get the rights for the actual performances; wouldn't it be possible to simultaneously get permission for the recordings and videos? If such a rule were in place, some corps would move towards public domain music, some would compose their own music, and a few richer corps would find the resources to pay for the rights. That would introduce an inequality in the corps, with some fans preferring the richer corps because they recognize the tunes. Some performers might enjoy marching in those corps, too. But I can't imagine that it would really alter the (already unequal) competitive balance, nor do I think the majority of fans or performers would care. Has a rule like this ever been discussed? If so, what objections were raised?