Blue Knights 2016

RPK

This forum is so salty.

But you love us anyways <3

It's a good thing the majority of you can't/won't march BK... this negativity is getting really annoying on here. Can we not discuss the awesome things we're seeing in the show so far, like every other corps thread? I could think of a few corps I would rather see perform with a half a show due to quality of their performance. Talk about raw. No? Okay well I will to break the monotony of this forum. Jeez.

I'm really loving how the drumline accentuates the opener with triplets, it sounds so cool. I'm extremely impressed in general with the originality in both the drumline and pits books. Also, what I've been loving about BK's shows these past two years is they're very surreal and dreamy. Like if your emotions could become physically manifested. It's like modern day impressionism in a way. I'll comment more as I see more videos and see them live. Like I said, people's personal issues with BK are getting super old. I recommend taking 10 deep breaths.

Edited by johnpendell
  • Like 5

It's a good thing the majority of you can't/won't march BK... this negativity is getting really annoying on here. Can we not discuss the awesome things we're seeing in the show so far, like every other corps thread? I could think of a few corps I would rather see perform with a half a show due to quality of their performance. Talk about raw. No? Okay well I will to break the monotony of this forum. Geez.

I'm really loving how the drumline accentuates the opener with triplets, it sounds so cool. I'm extremely impressed in general with the originality in both the drumline and pits books. Also, what I've been loving about BK's shows these past two years is they're very surreal and dreamy. Like if your emotions could become physically manifested. It's like modern day impressionism in a way. I'll comment more as I see more videos and see them live. Like I said, people's personal issues with BK are getting super old. I recommend taking 10 deep breaths.

I could march there! If I could get a hold of a contra (and a helluva a lot of hard work along side, probably, experience with another corps). I think there a total of two people on this whole forum of marching age :laugh:. I'd probably go with a "lower-tier" corps first... But if I like it there, I might stay! It annoys me how many young kids think there's nothing outside the top 12.

Edited by noahsigs

I could march there! If I could get a hold of a contra (and a helluva a lot of hard work along side, probably, experience with another corps). I think there a total of two people on this whole forum of marching age :laugh:. I'd probably go with a "lower-tier" corps first... But if I like it there, I might stay! It annoys me how many young kids think there's nothing outside the top 12.

I'm of marching age, I'll be auditioning for BD next year. I'd audition for BK behind that probably, I like the vibe of both corps. You should do whatever you think you'll get the best experience out of. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to be only in a top 12 corps. It's a competitive sport-art, and some people, including myself, would like to do well. Not to say non-finalists don't do a good job, I'm sure you get what I mean though. When I was in high school in West Texas our music program might as well have not even existed due to the lack of sponsoring and basically the lack of care of marching arts from both educators and students. There's maybe two high schools in El Paso really making a difference. SO, coming from my experiences, it would be nice to be in a consistent corps and really WOW your audiences. At the end of the day, it's the experience and your reasoning behind why you're a member of any corps is extremely valid and definitely no lesser than anyone else's. :)

• Like 1

I'm of marching age, I'll be auditioning for BD next year. I'd audition for BK behind that probably, I like the vibe of both corps. You should do whatever you think you'll get the best experience out of. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to be only in a top 12 corps. It's a competitive sport-art, and some people, including myself, would like to do well. Not to say non-finalists don't do a good job, I'm sure you get what I mean though. When I was in high school in West Texas our music program might as well have not even existed due to the lack of sponsoring and basically the lack of care of marching arts from both educators and students. There's maybe two high schools in El Paso really making a difference. SO, coming from my experiences, it would be nice to be in a consistent corps and really WOW your audiences. At the end of the day, it's the experience and your reasoning behind why you're a member of any corps is extremely valid and definitely no lesser than anyone else's. :)

True! No disrespect, and I wish you the best of luck with your BD audition! I was thinking more along the lines of dismissive people... I'll probably be auditioning for a Top 12 group too haha. Oops!

• Like 1

True! No disrespect, and I wish you the best of luck with your BD audition! I was thinking more along the lines of dismissive people... I'll probably be auditioning for a Top 12 group too haha. Oops!

Oh yeah, I hate people that bash on non-finalists. Mandarins and OC are my favorite underdog corps and I am rooting for them all the way! Thanks a bunch though, same to you! Kudos to all contra players my twig arms could not hang

• Like 1