Edited/censored material in DCI 2015 Blu-Rays?

Does anyone have a list of which edits (if any) were made to corps' productions for the DVDs from last year? With the current licensing situation I'd be surprised if everything made it onto the DVDs as performed. Also wondering about things like SCV's or Crown's electronic's malfunction finals night, etc.

Copied/Pasted from my thread in Reddit (it's me, just a different screen name there)

As soon as the DVDs arrived, I sat down, cut the lights, cranked up the TV, and watched the multicam performances in reverse finish order (so 12-1). Overall, I feel like they were highly worth the wait and encourage everyone to grab them. But, as we all know by now, there were some edits that had to be made to 4 of the shows, so I figured that I'd give details on them for those on the fence of buying them because of said edits.

The Cavaliers: The first edit I came across was the biggest cut that I can remember seeing in a DVD. All 2:30 of "Macrotus" is gone. However, I feel like Blair's team did a great job with the transition from "Run Boy Run" to "On the Shoulders of Giants." There is a shot of a member on the podium, cut to the crowd, and then we are in to the closer. Honestly, if I didn't know the show and if it doesn't feel slightly shorter than a show "should," I possibly wouldn't have noticed.

Phantom Regiment: All of the "I Love Paris" voiceovers were cut, as well as the melody in the preshow/announcement. We go straight into the church bells, and we are off to Paris. I also feel like these transitions were handled pretty well, and, like The Cavaliers one, really unnoticeable unless you know the show.

Blue Knights: This show had three edits, all from the same material (the "Because" voiceovers). The first one is fine, since they were able to zoom in on a soloist and make a really clean transition. The second one was kinda abrupt visually, going from pit directly to horn line in the middle of a visual, but smooth musically. The third one in the epilogue, as I call it, kinda surprised me pleasantly. I assumed they would just cut the music and use visual editing to weave it together like they tend to do. However, the audio is muted and we see the "Audio is not allowed due to licensing" post, but we get all of the visual. I'm glad they went that route, as I love that visual effect.

Blue Devils: As we all probably guessed when we saw the edits posting, the cut section comes from "I Like You" sadly. However, they cut more of it than they did from the CD, removing the voiceover AND the percussion section after it with the melody. They go from the trumpet fall right into a snare lick that is really awkward transitionally. Easily the most noticeable edit.

tldr: the DVDs have some edits, and only one of them glaringly stands out.

• Like 1

They'll be the same edits from the CD collection - as taken directly from the DCI website:

"This CD set contains performance edits

• Blue Devils: (Disc 1, Track 1): Approximately 40 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted.

• Blue Knights: (Disc1, Track 6): Approximately 47 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted.

• Phantom Regiment (Disc 2, Track 1): Approximately 43 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted.
• Blue Devils B (Disc 4, Track 1): Approximately 20 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted."

Plus the Cavaliers edit mentioned above, apparently.

Edited by rr4353

They'll be the same edits from the CD collection - as taken directly from the DCI website:

"This CD set contains performance edits

• Blue Devils: (Disc 1, Track 1): Approximately 40 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted.

• Blue Knights: (Disc1, Track 6): Approximately 47 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted.

• Phantom Regiment (Disc 2, Track 1): Approximately 43 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted.

• Blue Devils B (Disc 4, Track 1): Approximately 20 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted."

Plus the Cavaliers edit mentioned above, apparently.

But you know, let's pass a rule allowing sampling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The first corps to use samples (Teal Sound, 2009) created all of theirs in-house. I was certain that would become the norm, but apparently not...

I really miss them. Regardless of if people enjoyed them or not they tried some really cool, new, crazy things. That's a whole other topic though I suppose.

• Like 1

The first corps to use samples (Teal Sound, 2009) created all of theirs in-house. I was certain that would become the norm, but apparently not...

why use logic

• Like 1