Good corps for my rookie year? 2017

BoyWonder1911... I just read through your signature quotes, and suddenly your forum name made sense.

:cool:

A semantic two cent's worth here...

I'd try eliminating such qualifiers as "upper/lower tier," "wow groups," "stepping stone," or any other potentially embarrassing terminologies from my vocabulary as soon as humanly possible. The more one uses them and becomes comfortable in using them, the easier it is for any of them to suddenly pop out at a most inopportune moment. Many of our spoken mistakes happen subconsicously...but they become just as problematic as those which are intended. That's why any opportunity you receive is a learning opportunity -- unless you feel that you already know it all. And you (to your very great credit) do not appear to be that sort of individual.

My very best wishes to and for you on what I hope is a most incredible and worthwhile experience -- no matter where your talents, and the whims of the Drum Corps Gods, take you. Godspeed.

Edited by HornTeacher

BoyWonder1911... I just read through your signature quotes, and suddenly your forum name made sense.

:cool:

Not sure exactly what you meant by this...Boy Wonder is what my first boss called me because I was a good employee, so that was my nickname...and 1911 is the year Mahler died...

Not sure exactly what you meant by this...Boy Wonder is what my first boss called me because I was a good employee, so that was my nickname...and 1911 is the year Mahler died...

No kidding!? There is a remarkable coincidence then between your 2nd amendment comment and the significance of the year/number 1911.