DCI Spotlight of the Week; 1986 Blue Devils!

DCI Spotlight of the Week; 1986 Blue Devils!!!

Single best DCI show ever....nuff said!!

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965782&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211011088&DB_OEM_ID=33500

Don't click on the video. It has super lamo music that will make you want to puke.

Why even bother posting these if it doesn't have the music?

• Like 3

Don't click on the video. It has super lamo music that will make you want to puke.

I've stopped going to those anymore for that very reason, flammaster.

I agree completely with you on this... " lamo " music indeed.

Its like watching Carlos Santana on guitar in an '86 concert on film.... but with a music dub over of someone playing a ukulele in the background, instead of Santana on his guitar. Its stupid, imo. Don't even do the video, if its going to bastardize the event as it truly was.

Edited by BRASSO

I like reading the "Spotlight of the Week" articles that Mike writes weekly. He really goes in depth with the shows.

But yeah, I avoid those videos at all costs ever since they changed the format.

As for the topic, I like BD 1986. Not my absolute favorite show of the decade, but nicely done nevertheless. I always appreciate the corps playing Channel One!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I like reading Spotlight of the Week too. It's time I make time to watch my all of my Legacy Collection I bought years ago. Thanks for the gentle reminder Mr. Boo.

• Like 1

I like reading Spotlight of the Week too. It's time I make time to watch my all of my Legacy Collection I bought years ago. Thanks for the gentle reminder Mr. Boo.

You're most welcome.

Music licensing issues; the same type of issues that delayed the DVDs. Things are quite different than they were two years ago.

I've stopped going to those anymore for that very reason, flammaster.

I'm hoping I still have you as a reader. (And by the way, I have nothing to do with the music selection.)

• Like 1