APDs are back

I heard earlier that DCI is working to put the Fan Network archives back... and for free, as part of the subscription format. While they had no timeline for its expected return, it appears that it could be as early as this fall. In either case, this is fantastic news for those of us that really enjoyed the archives retrieval of shows.

can-you-repeat-the-part-of-the-stuff.jpg

haha, good use of the meme! Basically, sampling above 44.1khz (how often you check the amplitude) does nothing. Increasing the bits per sample (How precise each sample is) can always improve the quality. But that's the quality on your CD. DCI shows are really big in this setup, 100MB, so when you rip the cd to your computer, it lowers the quality (by exploiting the way humans hear) to shrink down the file size to more like 10MB. You can however force it to rip the full quality audio, it just wont do that by default.

What they are selling online is the same quality as if you were listening to the CD in a CD player.

For $10 more.

Now I'm sure the stupid internet copyright issue plays a part in the cost, so I'm not really whining at DCI here, but man that is stupid that inventory-less media costs more than physical media. And yes, that applies to ebooks costing the same as paperbacks, too.

Mike

i purchased some apds on my phone, music is just streaming... how do I download it? :(

I'm guessing you can't download directly from your phone. You probably have to get onto a computer and transfer the files from there.

Nope.. I just got on the computer and tried to download and it said i've reached my limit of two downloads. Very annoyed.

I heard earlier that DCI is working to put the Fan Network archives back... and for free, as part of the subscription format. While they had no timeline for its expected return, it appears that it could be as early as this fall. In either case, this is fantastic news for those of us that really enjoyed the archives retrieval of shows.

They said the same thing a year ago

Nope.. I just got on the computer and tried to download and it said i've reached my limit of two downloads. Very annoyed.

Are you sure they didn't download to your phone then? They might have only been stored temporarily in the cache, or you might have to look at your files through a file browser to locate them.

Are you sure they didn't download to your phone then? They might have only been stored temporarily in the cache, or you might have to look at your files through a file browser to locate them.

Any idea how to do that on an iPhone? (6s)

Unless you specifically had an app to download music directly to your iPhone, the files went to the cache, and are inaccessible.

Best option? Call DCI and get your download limit reset, then download from your computer and transfer the music through iTunes.