American Tradition in Allentown (June 30 2016)

Yes, there is a lot to balance and multiple channels to tweak to get the exact levels that you need but when it's just overall way too loud, it's really not that difficult to just pull the Main down and make it all softer for a quick fix!

Definitely agree with you there. I always point people to the Cadets 2010 closer when making this point because it is probably the worst case of thunderous goo ever and it can easily be heard on the official recording!

eh- they had balance issues in the closer last night, one week into the season

but they were NOT the biggest offenders on the field last night - not even close

BOSTON CRUSADERS were terrible in this regard last night, and last Thursday. Could barely hear the horn line and battery at times (and I was on the 50)

I'm not sure who (over) designed that program - but wow, get those props out of the way and turn down the electronics and let them play an actual full song with a beginning, middle and an end. Such a frustration with so many resources and talent and hard work.

Goo city

I was at 2015 and 2016 opening shows at LOS. They both definitely came out of the gate hot. But I know everyone was fighting wireless issues that night (and some since) that can definitely make everything else a struggle. Even for the pros. Cadets regularly have some top-notch battery tuning for inside the oil can, so that helps them cut through. I have no doubt that Max his crew are working very hard to achieve the right mix.

I sort of expect the goo to thunder now. So long as judges dont complain it's not going to change. And for the most part judges rarely complain about goo. Cadets and Madison seem to be perpetual goo pumpers. BD and Crown seem to hold back on the goo. Bloos tubas were easy to hear last night.

I sort of expect the goo to thunder now. So long as judges dont complain it's not going to change. And for the most part judges rarely complain about goo. Cadets and Madison seem to be perpetual goo pumpers. BD and Crown seem to hold back on the goo. Bloos tubas were easy to hear last night.

Really? I thought judges would complain about bad goo but not good goo.

No evidence of it. I suppose it's possible that comments have been made but I would assume that corps would stop doing it if it hurt them competitively.

But -- the goo remains. I repeat. The goo remains.

Edited by corpsband

No evidence of it. I suppose it's possible that comments have been made but I would assume that corps would stop doing it if it hurt them competitively.

But -- the goo remains. I repeat. The goo remains.

I wont argue with you when you're right. I just won't.

This show most definitely has more room to grow than last year. Cadets were scary clean at this point last year, and that's simply not the case right now. I think they should continue making the changes they need to clarify the basic thematic "storyline" and then make the focus of the rest of the season to make the show signature Cadets squeaky clean.

I think Bloo is actually unusually clean for this point in the season. I have no doubt their awesome design team will find ways to keep things interesting, but I see Cadets having more room to grow.

I'm not so sure that Bluecoats are really so clean right now. But I do agree that Cadets will be markedly improved in the near future.