Any lock for Top 3?

Who ever wins GE will win. As GE goes so does the winner... and right now Bluecoats are winning this caption....to out GE Bluecoats will be quite a feat

Don't think this is as true as it might have been some other years. Top three corps all have a chance to win it and have all showed strength in all captions, at least up until now. That usually doesn't happen.

Who ever wins GE will win. As GE goes so does the winner... and right now Bluecoats are winning this caption....to out GE Bluecoats will be quite a feat

Nearly always true, but if the other captions are competitive between 3 or more groups, then it is possible to win without GE. In fact it is possible to win without any captions at all if 3 or more groups are competitive and 1 group places 2nd in all captions. The more groups that contend, then the more likely it is that this could occur.

But I want to reiterate that given the data up to the first post on this thread, there was never a logical assumption that Bluecoats were not the best candidate to consider a lock for a medal. We think too much about irrelevant history sometimes and not enough about the here and now when we discuss subjects such as this.

Don't think this is as true as it might have been some other years. Top three corps all have a chance to win it and have all showed strength in all captions, at least up until now. That usually doesn't happen.

What he said.
  • Like 1

HOT #### We have us a Top 3 contest!
Elements. Performance. Ordinals. Design. ALL at play.

Of course "I alone" know what each corps should do ... but much more fun to sit back and take it all in as each change, each improvement, each tenth of a point increase, is revealed.

My money goes one direction, my heart another ... for now.

I'm watching for Santa Clara Vanguard.......I know everyone has big changes going in starting this week, but their no shows Monday through Thursday schedule gap has been on my radar for the whole season, most rehearsal time of anyone this week. If they add the right things and just clean, I think they're a top 3 dark horse.

• Like 1

There may be a lock for the top 3, but my guess is it's going to be a two-horse race for the top. And though I would never count out BD, it's healthy for drum corps that one and two may be someone other than the corps from Concord.

Pains me to no end to say this, but I actually think this is how it plays out. BD is unreal, but I think they come up short this year. Still wouldn't count them out by any stretch and they could still take it, but just seems like Bluecoats year to take gold.

Cadets 6th place in GE, combined with 6th place in Visual, unfortunately probably not only takes them out of title contention, but for all intents and purposes, any medals contention as well. These 2 all important captions can't be fixed in the limited time remaining now, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Not necessarily so, though usually true. Last year, for example, BD won without winning GE. It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. The 1/2 tenths within the captions now allow for closer spreads than ever before. With the great shows we're seeing at the top, judges can skinny up their slotting more than ever. That's why we're seeing more scores with 3 decimals. As long as you're in the game in GE, you can make up the difference in the other captions - though it's not the easiest path to take.

Not necessarily so, though usually true. Last year, for example, BD won without winning GE. It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. The 1/2 tenths within the captions now allow for closer spreads than ever before. With the great shows we're seeing at the top, judges can skinny up their slotting more than ever. That's why we're seeing more scores with 3 decimals. As long as you're in the game in GE, you can make up the difference in the other captions - though it's not the easiest path to take.

I believe that it will eventually happen where a corps wins no captions but wins the title. There needs to be 4-5 corps in contention... but it can happen.