CrownBeat [July 8 2016]

Only 3 since 2000....so yeah, what you said Dixon-just like you predicted one of their cheesiest shows ever would go undefeated, pepto-bismol tables and all

Aw you're having a bad day.

Do you need a hug?

No wonder people have a negative view of Bluecoats fans on here.......

Hope I never come off that way.

:/

I've almost never had an issue with Cavaliers fans. Usually class acts.

Have we so soon forgotten about Anstig?! Lol.

But yeah, they're usually pretty chill.

Anstig just minded himself though. He didn't really insult other corps or have a bad attitude, he was just very pro cavaliers. I wonder what he's up to

Thoughts from the show:

Show site was decent. Concord with concessions and corps Botha were set up nicely. To be a newer stadium, I honestly expected the stands to be bigger.

Spirit was better than I expected! Strong premier for first show of the season. Some interesting visual and musical moments (i.e. The box getting smaller with body). Guard was behind the rest of the corps, seems to be their weak spot. Thought their score would have been a little higher. Wish their drill wasn't so limited by the props.

Xmen, digging the music and concept. Not so much the tarp and props, could do without. Polish this product up to be the Highest placement in a while.

Didn't see much of BAC, won't comment.

Cadets, oh man. This will be incredible. Loudest hornline of the night. Best drill design too. I think the visuals should be more centered around the violin a strummer soloists. Best guard of the night. Reminded of the 80's Union HS Mannequin winterguard show. Appreciated the change in guard costumes. Still think there should be a little more color. Tons of visual dirt to be cleaned. Loved the ending. Late season surge?

Coats, was reserving my opinion to seeing the product on the field. Watched from the 50 surrounded by coats staff. Had some awesome grooving moments. Still think the uniforms (both corps proper and guard) could have been better. They are too bland after a while. They need some height. The props are better and more effective in person. I feel like the guard silks and guard In general are washed out from the killer brass and percussion after a while. Their weak point. I predict this show stalling at the end. White pants highlighted feet and interval issues in close quarters a lot. Killer brass soloists. Still kind of a better meh for me.

So excited to see Spirit, won't get to until San Antonio

Agree with the potential of Crossmen, could go up a spot or two

Agree on Cadets, brass is crazy good and Guard is very very good. The whole thing just needs more time to tweak and clean.

Coats, as you suggest, great in person. They do need to add some more to it or as you say, it could get passed. Sure they will