Alexandria, south of Cin-city

as i said in another post, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong.

Yes, because if Crown doesn't score as well as you want them to, you can conveniently point to the judging panel. Oh brother.

• Like 1

Don't you dare tell me I'm sticking my head in the sand. I've been following drum corps for 35 years and I'm not pretending ANYTHING.

Well I did dare it. So deal with it.

I didn't say the show was fixed. But a few of the names on that panel have a long public history. So while it would be a pleasant surprise to see them 'buck the trend', I won't be surprised if they don't. If that upsets you then too bad.

I think most judges try their best to eliminate bias from their evaluation. I also think judges can't eliminate personal preference entirely from their evaluation.

If you think all judges are perfectly objective in all times and places, perhaps that bucket of sand is indeed pretty appealing to you.

Edited by corpsband

So, getting back to the intended topic of this thread, this should be a great show tomorrow night. Really pumped that 3 of last year's top 4 are there, and with the extra practice days some just had, it'll be exciting to see improvements and how those 3 match up. Oh, and everybody else, too! I'm pumped!!

Edited by FLBuzcut

Just an observation. Judging histories are well known. I'm willing to be wrong -- happy to see it.

Because we have been able to see the exact numbers for the judges this year, right? See each itemized score within a caption and really analyze the judges preferences, right? And opinions of corps never change when warranted, right? Historically a judge always curves bias towards a corps every year with no fluctuation, right? And if that way they score lower you can say "see?" and if they score higher they can "break the mold," right?

Am I right? Right?

Edited by THeShadeOfNight

Because we have been able to see the exact numbers for the judges this year, right? See each itemized score within a caption and really analyze the judges preferences, right? And opinions of corps never change when warranted, right? Historically a judge always curves bias towards a corps every year with no fluctuation, right?

Am I right? Right?

nope. made none of those claims.

the "names" on a panel have always been part of the game. i'm not complaining -- you take what you get at each show and move on.

but if you'd like to believe everyone is completely objective at all times and places, i'd be glad to refer you to the same bucket of silicon dioxide.

That's a really crappy thing to say about the judges. :angry:

I would ask you show some class and more importantly, respect for the DCI judging community and delete that post.

Didn't Hopkins basically say the same thing when he lost to BlueCoats in 2014?

• Like 1