Well we got a few corps competing tonight

I had covered my answering machine, both corps and show websites, and noted on tickets that show was rain or shine. My committee and I had onsite duties that kept us extremely busy at the site, but you're right, Jeff, DCA could've posted something as well. Had the thought occurred to me, I would've asked that they do so. Will make note for future events.

I'm a little confused here. Don't we all just assume EVERY show is "ON" unless notified it is not? I did not attend, wasn't planning to do so, maybe I'm failing to see some misleading message that was placed that day.

I had covered my answering machine, both corps and show websites, and noted on tickets that show was rain or shine. My committee and I had onsite duties that kept us extremely busy at the site, but you're right, Jeff, DCA could've posted something as well. Had the thought occurred to me, I would've asked that they do so. Will make note for future events.

not you fault Amy...you had a zillion things to do....trust me i checked your facebook page all day, and it wasn't just for the Buppy Saperstein videos! ( btw your fear of heights adventures are inpsiring...as i sit on my couch and refuse to do everything you've done the last few days). and yes everything said rain or shine, but the radar had a hellish amount of red on it, and red means no go regardless what the tickets said.Just 90 minutes south of the show site Ellicott City MD got 6 inches of rain in an hour and saw the downtown destroyed.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused here. Don't we all just assume EVERY show is "ON" unless notified it is not? I did not attend, wasn't planning to do so, maybe I'm failing to see some misleading message that was placed that day.

well Fred....the area was inundated with thunderstorms all day and predictions of thunderstorms. The radar looked #### nasty in some places not far away that if the wind shifted, boom Hempfield HS was ground zero for lightning strikes.

well Fred....the area was inundated with thunderstorms all day and predictions of thunderstorms. The radar looked #### nasty in some places not far away that if the wind shifted, boom Hempfield HS was ground zero for lightning strikes.

I hear ya... it was a small miracle that the weather held up as well as it did.

I saw Atlanta CV in the DCI-South show in Atlanta this weekend, and also saw them a month ago in Ijamsville. They have definitely moved the show in a positive direction in the last month from what was an excellent start in Ijamsville. I guess we'll find out where they "really are" when they get back on a DCA sheet with DCA judges. First time poster...long time lurker.

• Like 1

I saw Atlanta CV in the DCI-South show in Atlanta this weekend, and also saw them a month ago in Ijamsville. They have definitely moved the show in a positive direction in the last month from what was an excellent start in Ijamsville. I guess we'll find out where they "really are" when they get back on a DCA sheet with DCA judges. First time poster...long time lurker.

This happens every year. They go up north early and put up a number that is a IN THE HUNT number only to got knocked back down and have to claw their way back up. Not surprising. Its definitely (wait for it) predictable.

• Like 1

This happens every year. They go up north early and put up a number that is a IN THE HUNT number only to got knocked back down and have to claw their way back up. Not surprising. Its definitely (wait for it) predictable.

No one, least of all DCA judges, pays any attention to DCI numbers. They are meaningless, and do not help or hinder a corps in any way.

No one, least of all DCA judges, pays any attention to DCI numbers. They are meaningless, and do not help or hinder a corps in any way.

I agree...and DCI feedback is still good to groom the show. My initial comment was merely to point out that CV is currently in "no mans land" with regards to where they stand in the current DCA scoring status. That will be resolved this weekend. No worries. :-)