During the Olympic opening ceremony introduction, Meredith Viera commented that Rio chose NO technology and NO props intentionally. They want to bring us their HEART and SOUL! Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if drum and bugle corps followed their lead? I don't care who can afford the best props or the best electronics. I want to see who can MARCH with your own feet and PLAY your own BUGLE well at the same time! As I the only one anymore?

Edited by fatbrassboy
  • Like 2

During the Olympic opening ceremony introduction, Meredith Viera commented that Rio chose NO technology and NO props intentionally. They want to bring us their HEART and SOUL! Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if drum and bugle corps followed their lead? I don't care who can afford the best props or the best electronics. I want to see who can MARCH with your own feet and PLAY your own BUGLE well at the same time! As I the only one anymore?

Maybe put that way you might be, Could be they have no money there and barely going to make any of this happen.

• Like 4

You're in luck...there are several DCA alumni corps that perform just as you describe.

• Like 1

During the Olympic opening ceremony introduction, Meredith Viera commented that Rio chose NO technology and NO props intentionally.

I guess that "no technology" pledge went right out the window...the second I turned it on, they were using projected textures on the floor of the stadium, and lots and lots of props.

• Like 4

She's probably reading from a script and hardly paying attention.

• Like 1