DCA Williamsport Show Thread

OK read the rest of the thread and HS stadium..

But mainly... HELLO PRELIMS for us in 2 years!!!!!

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Interesting...we came to the Ijamsville show back in July and evidently that show doesn't sell beer.

I will have to budget my calories appropriately for Finals weekend!

The plastic flask is because they wand incoming in . Wear appropriate clothing :) they check bags too.

• Like 1

Thanks W, been 40+ years (gag) but was at HS football games at State College and Williamsport one year so the places are running together. But IIRC someone was called the "Millionaires" which was a wth name for a HS sports team. Thinking huge nice stadium beside a big hill and one HELL of a drop off behind the visitors side. IOW if you fell off back there they would never find the body.

Old Central Penn League which was Harrisburg area schools plus Williamsport and State College.... wth again.... band had to miss the last couple of periods of class to ride to the game Friday nights.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Even more reason then to budget my calories! :-) Looking forward to it!

I tried one of those sandwiches and thought it was just a step up,from Arby's.

Save your comsession money and tank up,at Dinosaur BBQ. Not great BBQ by southern standards but not bad. Great sides.

Save your comsession money and tank up,at Dinosaur BBQ. Not great BBQ by southern standards but not bad. Great sides.

Dinosaur is good, but Sticky Lips blows away any BBQ joint you've ever been to, the south included.

• Like 1

Then you have absolutely no concept of a good "beef on weck" sandwich, like the ones at Red Osier. :thumbup:

I'd also recommend the white hots (white pork hot dogs) and the Bill Gray's cheeseburgers. And the Abbott's milk shakes.

No, I did not eat all that stuff at once.

Took me an entire day. :tongue:

Then you have absolutely no concept of a good "beef on weck" sandwich, like the ones at Red Osier. :thumbup:

I'd also recommend the white hots (white pork hot dogs) and the Bill Gray's cheeseburgers. And the Abbott's milk shakes.

No, I did not eat all that stuff at once.

Took me an entire day. :tongue:

I most certainly do and I know great BBQ to. There are 3 in Memphis that made the top 10 BBQ in the US. One in Alabama and one in NC and another in Atlanta. So I am surrounded by great BBQ. Did not see one from Rochester even in the top 25.

The last time I marched a show in Williamsport it coincided with a clown convention happening at the same time. Made for an interesting night at the hotel. If that doesn't again, that would be great,even without the beverages at the stadium. :-|