2017 PREDICTIONS!

54 minutes ago, ilovecheese said:

Hasn't been a prediction post since Christmas. Here goes nothing. 

1&2. BD/Coats

3. Crown

4. SCV

5. Cavs

6. BK

7. Cadets

8. Stars

9&10. PR/Boston

11. Academy

12. Crossmen

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE. Let me know if I'm crazy or not haha. 

Decently conservative, not much movement. I think that if there's gonna be conflict for top spot you gotta throw crown in there.

56 minutes ago, ilovecheese said:

Hasn't been a prediction post since Christmas. Here goes nothing. 

8. Stars

9&10. PR/Boston

11. Academy

12. Crossmen

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE. Let me know if I'm crazy or not haha. 

Yes, you're crazy. Just like any of the rest of us trying to predict in January (or earlier). But your "throwing it out there" comment seems like you know we're just having some fun as we await more data to digest (and performances to experience). So in that spirit: Are you nuts? Madison is in and either Crossmen or Boston are out.

20 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

Decently conservative, not much movement. I think that if there's gonna be conflict for top spot you gotta throw crown in there.

I don't know about this. You can't lose the quality of Visuals and Guard staff that Crown lost this offseason, and automatically assume Crown won't miss a beat, and will be in contention to catch BD/ 'Coats here in 2017. Its certainly possible the loss of such staff will be adequately replaced that will quickly position Crown to do better than last season, and catch BD/ Coats this summer. But theres a big question mark regarding this right now on this, imo.... But.... time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I don't know about this. You can't lose the quality of staff that Crown lost this offseason, and automatically assume Crown won't miss a beat, and will be in contention to catch BD/ 'Coats here in 2017. Its certainly possible the loss of such staff will be adequately replaced that will quickly position Crown to do better than last season, and catch BD/ Coats this summer. But theres a big question mark regarding this right now, imo.... But.... time will tell.

Yeah probably right about that. I'm really curious to see what happens this season, I think almost all corps within top 15 this year have exciting things occurring and things they want to prove. Everything from the prospect of BDB making finals to Bluecoats proving they can avoid a post victory slip up season.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

Yeah probably right about that. I'm really curious to see what happens this season, I think almost all corps within top 15 this year have exciting things occurring and things they want to prove. Everything from the prospect of BDB making finals to Bluecoats proving they can avoid a post victory slip up season.

Im not a huge Bluecoats fan, but I would hate to see them have a follow up to a championship season like Crown did in 2014 (even though its probably one of my favorite Crown shows of all time)

9 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Im not a huge Bluecoats fan, but I would hate to see them have a follow up to a championship season like Crown did in 2014 (even though its probably one of my favorite Crown shows of all time)

Yea it was a good show but  I thought 16 was their best show ever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I think Crown is going to win either this year or next,

Yeah I think in the next couple of years but I think Brasso makes an excellent point that Crown may struggle with staff shake ups but as long as crown doesn't implode due to them (which they won't) crown will continue to get stronger and will pull one out eventually. 

1 hour ago, jimthetuba said:

Yeah I think in the next couple of years but I think Brasso makes an excellent point that Crown may struggle with staff shake ups but as long as crown doesn't implode due to them (which they won't) crown will continue to get stronger and will pull one out eventually. 

From what I have seen and heard so far, there has been no implosion!  It's going to be another strong show from them this year.

1 minute ago, Pit Dad said:

From what I have seen and heard so far, there has been no implosion!  It's going to be another strong show from them this year.

I dont think Crown has had any shows in the past decade that werent strong (You COULD argue 2010, but I thought it was pretty good).