Carolina Crown 2017

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I was referring to the people who make comments that Crown's show is a clunker and is boring. I have no problem with people sharing there opinion with design and concept, although I disagree with most of the opinion's. I make a comment about Crown that they could make things interesting in Indy and people start immediately shooting it down.

It's not a clunker, but I do find it boring.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Crown's guard scores would need to jump a point in order for them to compete for a championship - its not going to happen. This week should be all about medaling. 3rd place is a great accomplishment for this group, nothing to hang your head about.

Agreed!  I still think their guard is pretty great . . . maybe not as great as last year, but still, very impressive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Just Here said:

For me personally, I don't hang my head about placement, but designing and coming up with show concept that aren't the best. I wish concept developers and designers would take hold of the axiom, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality more often.

I would tend to agree; however in my opinion, it was getting a little stale in 2016. Even if I don't like the results of what they came up with personally, I guess I can give kudos for trying something outside the(ir) norm.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, c.l. said:

I would tend to agree; however in my opinion, it was getting a little stale in 2016. Even if I don't like the results of what they came up with personally, I guess I can give kudos for trying something outside the(ir) norm.

I don't mind outside the norm at all. I think I was looking for them to be musically deconstructive more than they actually doing. I think a better title of the show would have been "Something Different."

Edited by Just Here
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Not sure if you were at Allentown or not on Saturday, but it was far from boring. It was pretty dam good.

Yes, the energy level Saturday was amazing.  I enjoyed watching them because I like the music and marvel at the incredible performance level.  But from a show concept perspective, to me it's boring and sort of pointless. 

But I still root for them and hope they win!