Carolina Crown 2017

14 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

"New ending" is giving it too much credit. They run into a scatter drill circle with the singer in the middle while the percussion plays. That's how the show ends. 

I know this will most likely change by finals, but reading this.....

Image result for makes me a sad panda

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pudding said:

Also, I find it absolutely abhorrent that Crown is not being penalized in Music Analysis for their first minute of music. Bach, especially a fugue, needs to be absolutely perfectly aligned vertically, but there is tearing between the first brass pod and the marimbas, the second brass pod and the vibraphones, and the first brass pod and the second brass pod, and it only gets fixed when the drumline enters with the third brass pod. It's BACH; a Music Analysis judge has no business letting those things slide when they would disqualify you from passing your freshman jury in any conservatory.

So you've heard every MA tape and know for a fact what they are and aren't scoring for?

1 minute ago, Just Here said:

The most recent ending that Crown has put on the field is what the design staff believes will propel them forward in the standings??? It is simply awful.

It's not the final ending

• Like 2

Y'all know I'm a huge Crown homer and extremely biased, but I have to say that this years show design has left me scratching my head. I was really starting to get into the show this season but now with all of the changes its really leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. It's beginning to feel a bit like a train wreck. Rather than make small changes to help them medal it feels like they're adding layers that make it look like they're in panic mode. I don't think this show is designed well enough to win a championship, and there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it's ok to play to the audience and know your limits. There are things to be done in he off season, that's for sure, but you can't win them all. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 1

I would like to see a crowd pleaser next year. Which means a showcase of brass, of course. None of this deep stuff, none of this storytelling.

Edited by cube

9 minutes ago, cube said:

I would like to see a crowd pleaser next year. Which means a showcase of brass, of course. None of this deep stuff, none of this storytelling.

Easier said then done, but if anyone can do it, Crown can. I had a feeling it was going to take this design team a year or two to gel. In my opinion there were more than a few signs during the off season that they were trying to get their feet underneath them. I do get the sense this team generally likes working with each other - let's hope they can all stay together this off season and move forward for a great 2018.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Y'all know I'm a huge Crown homer and extremely biased, but I have to say that this years show design has left me scratching my head. I was really starting to get into the show this season but now with all of the changes its really leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. It's beginning to feel a bit like a train wreck. Rather than make small changes to help them medal it feels like they're adding layers that make it look like they're in panic mode. I don't think this show is designed well enough to win a championship, and there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it's ok to play to the audience and know your limits. There are things to be done in he off season, that's for sure, but you can't win them all. 

Do you think this years show really plays to the audience?   I've seen them twice in person, and the show has left most of the audience scratching their heads.  The performance level is awesome, but the show design seems flawed, and the changes are making it worse.  Just my opinion of course.