Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

I happened to read this somewhere and although not pertaining to 2017...thought it to be a cool little known fact...or at least to me anyway...Is it true that????...

Blue Devils got their name by combining their VFW color (Blue) with the name of a local landmark; Mt. Diablo.

That is exactly how the corps was named.

• Like 1

Judging from all the "hints" the BDCG is showing on Facebook I think the show is going to be a darkly and maybe disturbed show? I see a lot of bird images or wings in one. makes me wonder what they are up to. I seem to think we will know earlier this year than in past years.

Must be the guard.

Why?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I have a strange suspicions that guard posters arts are hints of BD17 SHOW. I do feel they will do sonething fresh and out of the box and that my friend is surely what I will REALLY want. However even though I share the same centiments for BD To do a throw back show of thier. Classic Jazzv of certain era. I dont think it would be for this time now seeing where the competition is now with many corps stepping up and transitioning into fresh concept and ideas with shows. its just not the right time now to do a throw back in my opinion, even though it would feel standout in the competition as BD do. BD is always miles ahead in the field with shows and I believe they will continue going further with thier shows to stay fresh and the standard in the competition. So thats what I personally think they will do is to do something fresh. Mybe experiment with something they have been thinking about longtime in the making. We will see though.

Edited by theonlyfizzle