Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

7 hours ago, MikeBD said:

Hate to say it but Tom Blair did a horrible job on big loud and live.  The audio was fine but they missed all kinds of highlight moments.

I actually thought the audio was pretty poor for BD. Seems like the mix was muffled during the ballad. Of course, I have been watching a lot of YouTube video with audio likely recorded on a phone.

3 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Saturday:)

we shall see. I focused in on the window last night and ignored everything else going on...and nothing. I was a little disappointed and it took away from the quarterfinals experience for me since I was truly expecting something. I think for tonight and tomorrow, I will just take the show in as it comes. If something happens with the window, great. If not, I plan to just enjoy the last two (hopefully three with an encore Saturday night! ;) ) performances of Metamorph!

GO DEVS!! 18!!

• Like 4

As a quick tag-on to this, I have to ask....how disappointed do you think you (or other people) would be in the event the Blue Devils don't do anything else with the window/ending?  (To be clear, I haven't heard any rumors one way or the other; this is purely a theoretcial question.)  I can't help but notice from the tone and vocabulary used in posts this year regarding BD that part of the credit people are giving Blue Devils is preemptive and has to do with anticipation of them doing something more with the ending (i.e. they've "allowed" for what they feel is a placeholder ending all season because they expect something to come of it.), so if they do nothing, what is your take on the show?  Does it change the minds of anyone who has called it their favorite BD show of the last x years?

I'll offer a response to my own question just so people don't think I'm trolling; For me it changes little.  An empty window might need a little more personal interpretation as to why it's there in light of the fact that they make such a demonstrative effort to place it where it is at that moment of the show, but it's also a few seconds out of an otherwise stellar show.  Had the window been placed center-field the entirety of the show and they end up doing nothing with it, it's a problem in a show that's about change.  Baiscally, my experience of the Blue Devils show will not be "incomplete" or disappointing if they do nothing more with the window/ending, but I am curious if others feel the same considering the notable buildup in anticipation over the last few weeks.

9 minutes ago, pags said:

As a quick tag-on to this, I have to ask....how disappointed do you think you (or other people) would be in the event the Blue Devils don't do anything else with the window/ending?  (To be clear, I haven't heard any rumors one way or the other; this is purely a theoretcial question.)  I can't help but notice from the tone and vocabulary used in posts this year regarding BD that part of the credit people are giving Blue Devils is preemptive and has to do with anticipation of them doing something more with the ending (i.e. they've "allowed" for what they feel is a placeholder ending all season because they expect something to come of it.), so if they do nothing, what is your take on the show?  Does it change the minds of anyone who has called it their favorite BD show of the last x years?

I'll offer a response to my own question just so people don't think I'm trolling; For me it changes little.  An empty window might need a little more personal interpretation as to why it's there in light of the fact that they make such a demonstrative effort to place it where it is at that moment of the show, but it's also a few seconds out of an otherwise stellar show.  Had the window been placed center-field the entirety of the show and they end up doing nothing with it, it's a problem in a show that's about change.  Baiscally, my experience of the Blue Devils show will not be "incomplete" or disappointing if they do nothing more with the window/ending, but I am curious if others feel the same considering the notable buildup in anticipation over the last few weeks.

It doesnt change much for me.  I think it will change GE scores quite a bit though.

We already know theyre adding stuff though, so it seems kind of moot talking about this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

At BD/warm-up rehearsal right now.  Waiting for things to happen.

Part of me wonders if they are going to do anything with the window.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

At BD/warm-up rehearsal right now.  Waiting for things to happen.

You're waiting for the magic to happen! 

• Like 1

They just did choreo in FOTB.  It's really hard to pick up on video just how unique BD body movement is.  It's no wonder it's rewarded so much.  Everyone is the same but different.  Everything is unison but the look each member gives is different.  Small adjustments to each motion, you can't see unless you're up close.

• Like 1