2016 Media Available for Preorder!

Got my bluray/cd bundle today! Watched the bottom 6 already. The cut in The Academy's show is a little jarring visually. I also wish they would have kept in preshow material and included stuff like the drum major salutes like they used to. Quality is superb as always though!

Sadly I haven't received my DVD/CD combo yet. :(

For those who have seen them, how are the edits in The Cavaliers and The Academy handled? Are they blackouts like Madison '11, awkward silences with a copyright label like Cadets '12, or better handled like Cavaliers '15?

We wanted to preserve as much of the introduction in The Academy's show as possible so we had to make a pretty hard leap to avoid the material Tim Burton wouldn't license. Musically, it's not bad. With Cavaliers, we were lucky in that the corps placed their speakers perfectly so we could control the volume of the amplified sounds. Been working with the corps for years now, trying to getting better placement of speakers relative to our mics. We were able to close some mics and the jingles went away with no edited loss of show coverage or content! Thanks to The Cavaliers for working with us!

Edited by TRBlair
  • Like 9

We wanted to preserve as much of the introduction in The Academy's show as possible so we had to make a pretty hard leap to avoid the material Tim Burton wouldn't license. Musically, it's not bad. With Cavaliers, we were lucky in that the corps placed their speakers perfectly so we could control the volume of the amplified sounds. Been working with the corps for years now, trying to getting better placement of speakers relative to our mics. We were able to close some mics and the jingles went away with no edited loss of show coverage or content! Thanks to The Cavaliers for working with us!

I did not know that you had an account on here, it's awesome to get an answer direct from the source!

I got my DVDs in earlier this week, and I'm impressed with both edits, especially The Cavaliers. The Academy doesn't feel too awkward, especially musically as you said, and if I didn't know Propaganda, I feel like I wouldn't have even noticed the jingles edit, which is very impressive.

Great work on these DVDs as always, always impressed by the work you and your team do every year.

-Zac

• Like 1

The edits were done well. And the overall product is really great. Thanks to all involved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

iTunes now also has Championships audio for 2014, 2015, 2016. Note each year is broken into 3 segments for purchase.

Edited by Wog

Dear Mr. Blair, As a 40 year, local television broadcasting veteran who has Executive Produced, Directed, Edited (16 MM Film and digitally!) thousands of hours of syndicated programs and feature films, and ran Studio Camera for countless of hours of live news and remote sports programming for PBS,CBS,ABC and ESPN, please accept my congratulations and relay my appreciation to your entire production staff on the absolutely incredible, profesionnally crafted production and coverage your team has provided us Drum Corps fans on the 2016 DCI Blu-ray Finals. As a fan of yours since, I forget how long ago (I am 65) memory just not what it used to be ( - : I've admiried your incredible production values and knowledge and skills in presenting DCI Cinecast/webcast in the brightest light. RE: THE ACADEMY...I've continually volunteered/Tour Co-drove with them since 2004, BRAVO! I thought the needed edit was handled beautifully.The camera shot transistion from the pit to the full field coverage shot of THE ACADEMY's first "Hit" musically is exactly how I would have cut it myself. I absolutely loved the added backfield/crowd reaction shots, You captured so many of the guards equipment and Corps performance highlights not seen in any other "DCI LIVE" webcasts. You embellised every Corps performance and made your final Blu-ray cuts so "FRESH" making it a real Treat loaded with surprises to the viewer. What a "Gift" you are to he Drum Corps Activity and Drum Corps International in particular.

FWIW: $129.00, This was actually the first year I purchased, (stimulated by The Academy's 11th Place Finals Performance) the Blu-ray Deluxe Bundle. Hopefully the first of many years to come. Thank You and Salute!

• Like 1