2017 Seattle Cascades

Is this the year Cascades makes a large jump in standings? What needs to change for them to make that jump? Seems like there has been a lot of staff changes in other corps, so there may be a few new ones to watch out for. 2017 - The Rise Of The Underdogs

Just keep doing what they're doing. They're trending upward slowly but surely as are their shows, difficulty, and performance levels. No need for any big changes that I can see.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If theres any people still aged in (see what I did there), I believe they have spots in all sections.  I havent heard anything in a week or so, but if you still want to march you can check and see if they have spots.

• 2 weeks later...

I am VERY excited for this year's show!  Can't help but feel the hype when reading things like this!  

The reaction for all of those who witnessed the sounds resonating through the gym was nothing short of emotional. Educational Director, Kyle Thompson says that, "...it will be the one of the most mature productions that this drum corps has put on the field in a long...long time."

BOOYAH!! :dancin:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

I am VERY excited for this year's show!  Can't help but feel the hype when reading things like this!  

The reaction for all of those who witnessed the sounds resonating through the gym was nothing short of emotional. Educational Director, Kyle Thompson says that, "...it will be the one of the most mature productions that this drum corps has put on the field in a long...long time."

They seem like a corps on the verge of a major breakthrough.   They handled a show that was way more difficult than their 2015 incredibly well in 2016.   Very very excited to see what they do.  

11 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

The Seattle Cascades had a remarkable placement movement from 2000 to 2002. lest we forget too. They moved up 11 placement positions from 2000 (23rd ) to making Finals (12th ) 2 seasons later in 2002. ( topping BK. Madison, Crown. Colts, etc that season at Semi's) They increased their scoring by 17-19 points or so in that 2 year timeframe ( from 67.500  to the mid 80's ). Are  they poised to make a similar placement improvement ? Time will tell.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2017 at 0:12 PM, BRASSO said:

The Seattle Cascades had a remarkable placement movement from 2000 to 2002. lest we forget too. They moved up 11 placement positions from 2000 (23rd ) to making Finals (12th ) 2 seasons later in 2002. ( topping BK. Madison, Crown. Colts, etc that season at Semi's) They increased their scoring by 17-19 points or so in that 2 year timeframe ( from 67.500  to the mid 80's ). Are  they poised to make a similar placement improvement ? Time will tell.

Not sure if I see it happening QUITE that fast just because of the increased quality of corps down well into the 20s but they've done the hard work of restructuring, rebranding, and taking time to gradually improve and grow in all facets of the drum corps and organization.  I think they're at a point where they can take a shot and go for it and potentially have that season where they really come into their own.  Them, Mandarins, Oregon Crusaders are all at that point where I think they are one really good show away from breaking well into the next tier.  It'd sure be exciting to see some new faces in different groupings like what we saw with The Academy last year.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Them, Mandarins, Oregon Crusaders are all at that point where I think they are one really good show away from breaking well into the next tier.  It'd sure be exciting to see some new faces in different groupings like what we saw with The Academy last year.  

Hey, no hype allowed :ph34r:.   Seriously though, Cascades have been on a role and I cant express enough how excited I am.