Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

6 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Isn't it the true spirit of a donation?  To donate, not for self indulgent accolades, but to help.  It is disingenuous to me to make a donation with a stipulation saying here you go kid, but you owe me.

I am presuming by following your logic that you and your accountant take no deductions for charitable giving when doing your taxes for that would not be charity or generosity anymore but  a means to make your status better by giving yourself credit for what you gave to others.

Edited by xandandl

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I think the East Coast needed another Corps to potentially challenge the competitive hedgemony of both Cadets, Crown. I'm not saying that'll happen neccessarily as early as this season, but you never know. If nothing else, I'm getting psyched for the upcoming season... and beyond.

Yes, I think we all wish Jersey Surf continued competitive success now and in the future.

Brasso, please do your research first and then respond. The Cadets discount was extended to anyone who auditioned previously in ANY DCI World Class corps, not just Crusaders. You Boston fans do your corps such a disservice of reputation when you constantly play the aggrieved victim. Do the full research, sir.

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I think the East Coast needed another Corps to potentially challenge the competitive hedgemony of both Cadets, Crown. I'm not saying that'll happen neccessarily as early as this season, but you never know. If nothing else, I'm getting psyched for the upcoming season... and beyond.

HVWL7BV.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Finally we're getting some understanding behind all of this debate we have going right now. Let's just call it what it is. Boston makes a move on staff from Cadets and Crown. Both these corps do not take this well from what I'm hearing from my sources (and don't we all have some of those) lol!  This event with the members comes up. BC people get upset.  The DCP Crown and Gahfield contingent come to the defense of Crown.   I know not all but after being on DCP for a long time now we all know each other's allegencies. A lot of the older generation come on too commenting about honoring contracts, read before you sign and it's all about learning that "life" lesson. Lots of assumptions thrown all around. Everyone debating, citing sources, and law just to prove they are right.  DCP is never short of ego.  DCI stays quiet as usual and yet all this effort on here that could be used to make DCI stronger and prepared for the future will more than likely go away.  I will email DCI on Monday to recommend discussions in regards to this matter take place in the future. That's all this one FMM and now fan can do.  The East cost rivalry is coming back alive.  Idk what to think about that but it could be good for the activity.  

If, as you say, this is actually a tin-foil raiding conspiracy using the MM's as pawns, it's quite amazing that we haven't heard some similar planted "Me,too!" comments from ex-Cadets members now accepting contracts from BAC.  Maybe we won't.  Yours is a sad perception of the leaders of the activity; I don't think a single one of them would use their kids as pawns to punish the leadership of another corps that out-foxed them.  Maybe I'm naive.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The Cadets discount was extended to anyone who auditioned previously in ANY DCI World Class corps, not just Crusaders. You Boston fans do your corps such a disservice of reputation when you constantly play the aggrieved victim. Do the full research, sir.

Perhaps you did not see above that I asked " all Corps ? ", and left that distinct possibility out there as a matter of fact. You do yourself a disservice when you are trigger happy like this, while and your Corps ( and CC ) are doing boycotts of Boston's show and playing the petty and vindictive aggressor role with Boston....... a 12th place Corps last season. Do your homework, good Sir.

Edited by BRASSO

3 hours ago, Eleran said:

And that was one of the areas of law I was referring to (anti-trust) which makes me believe that a court would throw out any clause (clearly or ambiguously written) which demanded a pay-back of the scholarship for one year based upon the choice of marching in future years. 

I'm no lawyer, but I believe the law allows one to take advantage of any other party so long as both parties agree, and so long as, in some cases where applicable, such action is not outside what is considered normal and acceptable practice.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

I'm no lawyer, but I believe the law allows one to take advantage of any other party so long as both parties agree, and so long as, in some cases where applicable, such action is not outside what is considered normal and acceptable practice.

You're correct.  

You're no lawyer.

• Like 1