Can Cadets medal?

Can Cadets medal?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Can Cadets medal?

• Absolutely.
    • No, there are too many corps that are just better.
    • No, the design is not a Top Three design.

1 hour ago, mfrontz said:

So I think we can all agree that the rumors of the Cadets' demise were greatly exaggerated. But can they do the scarcely thinkable and place Top Three?

Note the question is 'can' not 'will.'

No bashing. Just have fun.

I think they can, putting myself on the line and saying they will is another matter.  I also think their demise is greatly exaggerated, but I do think they need to right the ship and get back to being the Cadets.  

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

That is true. But, I have a hard time seeing it this year. We know, in all likelihood, that BD is going to be there. I just don't see Bluecoats not being there. And, I think SCV has the best designed show of the season, and a top guard, percussion and brass (yay - they've arrived), so they should be there. I would love to see 1. SCV, 2. Cadets, 3. Bluecoats, but I think it would be crazy if BD isn't there. The last time they placed out of the top 2 was 2006. Of course, that's going to happen at some point....hopefully this year :)

I'm not saying they will medal. I'm just saying it's way to early to say they won't. I appreciate the fact that Bluecoats has finally won a championship, but Cadets know how to win just as well as they and the other corps within the top do. To rule them out on July 5th is shortsighted at best.  

• Like 3

No, but considering all the changes they've been through that's fine. At first it seemed like they were going to continue to fall but I've been very impressed with how well they've done so far. A strong 4th place finish would be very impressive for a rebuilding year and brings hope that The Cadets who contend for a title each year will return.

• Like 3

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

I'm not saying they will medal. I'm just saying it's way to early to say they won't. I appreciate the fact that Bluecoats has finally won a championship, but Cadets know how to win just as well as they and the other corps within the top do. To rule them out on July 5th is shortsighted at best.  

I agree. We've seen them come back plenty of times. I'm only basing my opinion on what I'm seeing/hearing right at this moment, because that's all I can do. Cadets and SCV are far and above my favorite shows of the season - you could put Bloo right behind them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drummergirl said:

Clearly, you have not seen Boston.

I haven't seen Boston since early season. I could see them in the mix for the 6-9 spots along with Cadets, BK and Phantom. It is still early season, we'll see how it shakes out.

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Get used to that...according to some they are forever irrelevant...

Do you like saying that after everyone but who?

19 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yeah like the corps who has their old staff. 

Cheap shot and uncalled for, imo. This poll question has nothing at all to do with Boston. Plus, his response was right in line with what fully 80% of the poll respondents are saying about this. Thus, his comment & vote was not at all out of line. Your reply here is, imo.

Edited by BRASSO