Need help with BD Chop and Paste, Walk and Stand approach to design

28 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I have an idea. Let's get DCI to add a straight up "Baby Throwing" caption. Corps score in the caption by sending the audience into a frenzy and have them throwing babies and anything else they get their hands on. Now some might say "BD is the most hated corps so that caption will be their demise". Yea not so much. Why? If i started a thread on the top 5 accusations BD gets thrown their way, playing to the sheets would be in the top 5. We hear it year after year. So this is why the Baby throwing caption is perfect. Since BD plays to the sheets like the haters say they do, once that caption is added, BD will go out and design a show that maxes out this caption, and they will make you throw your baby just as far as any corps in the business, since they play to the sheets. And with that, BD stays on top and continues to dominate, and we will never have to see threads like this ever again. Everyone wins.  Do it up Devils!!!!

Better yet: Instead of having it affect score how about this: Applause meter intensity will get the corps x-percentage of the door ticket sales (as in money).  The higher the entertainment value recorded on the meter, the higher the payment received from the door. Imagine the show design changes which would occur at the top if Jersey Surf doing a Bridgemen tribute began to get more of the door than BD doing Absurd Cabaret!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I have an idea. Let's get DCI to add a straight up "Baby Throwing" caption. Corps score in the caption by sending the audience into a frenzy and have them throwing babies and anything else they get their hands on. Now some might say "BD is the most hated corps so that caption will be their demise". Yea not so much. Why? If i started a thread on the top 5 accusations BD gets thrown their way, playing to the sheets would be in the top 5. We hear it year after year. So this is why the Baby throwing caption is perfect. Since BD plays to the sheets like the haters say they do, once that caption is added, BD will go out and design a show that maxes out this caption, and they will make you throw your baby just as far as any corps in the business, since they play to the sheets. And with that, BD stays on top and continues to dominate, and we will never have to see threads like this ever again. Everyone wins.  Do it up Devils!!!!

hold on. Stu will respond to this post with a long post. Brace yourself. 

Just now, afd said:

hold on. Stu will respond to this post with a long post. Brace yourself. 

He just did lol. All good. 

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Better yet: Instead of having it affect score how about this: Applause meter intensity will get the corps x-percentage of the door ticket sales (as in money).  The higher the entertainment value recorded on the meter, the higher the payment received from the door. Imagine the show design changes which would occur at the top if Jersey Surf doing a Bridgemen tribute began to get more of the door than BD doing Absurd Cabaret!!!

Ah. True colors. Stu.!  Thanks for this post.!

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Where are you getting your numbers from? I'd love to see it. 

The number of DCI fans at major shows have fluctuated somewhat over the years, but at these main shows they have mainly stayed in the realm they were back in the70's and 80's.  However as it applies to local shows, the fan base, and number of shows for that mater, have dwindled. Why? Because most fans at local shows come from family and friends; and when there are hundreds of corps with a plethora of local shows going on around the nation, that means more fans are at those shows.  And when there are so few corps today in DCI, and fewer local shows to attend, that also means fewer fans attending shows.

• Like 1

When people compare apples to oranges, those who prefer oranges will always score oranges higher.

There is no way to reconcile subjective tastes.  On the plus side, the activity provides oranges, apples, pears, grapes, nectarines, etc.

And if you do not like oranges, pay more attention to your fruit of choice.  Getting too hung up on scoring is frustrating. I try to avoid it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

So for you, this has nothing to do with BD show design. You just flat out don't like the Devs. And that's cool. You have every right to like/dislike who you want when you want. But i gave you an option for baby throwing caption which would have BD doing fan friendly shows and getting the crowd up on their feet. And it's still not enough for you. Which means your issue with the Devs is their success. You are sick of them winning. How about just coming out and saying that instead of hiding behind their show design.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

So for you, this has nothing to do with BD show design. You just flat out don't like the Devs. And that's cool. You have every right to like/dislike who you want when you want. But i gave you an option for baby throwing caption which would have BD doing fan friendly shows and getting the crowd up on their feet. And it's still not enough for you. Which means your issue with the Devs is their success. You are sick of them winning. How about just coming out and saying that instead of hiding behind their show design.  

No surprise. Success breeds those types. 

5 minutes ago, afd said:

Ah. True colors. Stu.!  Thanks for this post.!

Yep my true colors are in a) entertaining those who fork out big bucks in tickets, then financially rewarding the corps who provide them with the most entertainment; and b) rewarding competitive merit based on high quality achievement, which is rewarded with adjudicated scoring and the ring.

• Like 1