It's finally Nashville week!

7 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Parking is going to blow. The corps park across the road from the stadium on the southwest corner. There's parking there. Used to be free but now they're charging. There's a parking garage on the east side of the stadium, too. There's where I park but I'm not giving that honey hole away.

What do you like to eat? I can make a thousand suggestions. 

What time will you arrive?

I will be there, my first time at this show. I was planning on getting to the stadium at about 5pm then find parking and food. Do you think the restaurants within walking distance will be jammed and should I eat before getting there? 

I'm flying solo and have what I think is a pretty awesome seat, on the center aisle, row 32.  BTW, I just checked Ticket master and the only seats left are outside the 10s.

6 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

L     A     F     A     Y     E     T     T     E

those who know will get it. 

#triggered (went to Madison Central for my freshman year)

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

Beautiful place.  There have been some pretty good HS bands from that neck of the woods too.

It is! I'm from Richmond!

• Like 3

Parking

The number of high school buses that come to this show is staggering, and they take up a significant portion of the parking in the large lot just southwest of the stadium. I might look at parking along the streets in the neighborhood just south of Wedgewood. That's just across the street from the warm up area for corps, btw, and is a short walk to the stadium.

Just a note, the corps buses all park along Natchez Place, and that entire road will be closed for the event. That's the road that runs right next to the stadium and the Vanderbilt football practice field.

Btw, if it rains, Vandy does have a state of the art, brand new indoor football practice facility. I don't know if they can or would prefer this to not playing at all, but it is right next to the warm up area.

One of the unique things about Vandy is that it is an urban campus, and all of the athletics facilities are crammed right next to each other in this entire five block area. So once you are there, you can walk to anything in the area.

Food

Hundreds of great restaurants in the area. The Hillsboro Village neighborhood is a good option in general as it is walkable from the stadium. That is the intersection just southeast of the stadium, at Wedgewood and 21st Avenue. There is a Sportsmans Grill in that area, and also Jonathan's is very good.

If you park around Centennial Park, which is just north of Vandy across West End, the Elliston Place neighborhood is full of good restaurants, The old Elliston Place Soda Shop and Rotiers are excellent old school places, and you now also have newer restaurants there. I think there is a Logans Roadhouse. This are is also easily walkable to the stadium.

West of the stadium area, right on West End, there are several restauarants as you drive in toward Nashville proper. Parking can be a challenge in this area, but all the food is right there on Wesf Emd. Again, all easily walkable.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, FLBuzcut said:

I will be there, my first time at this show. I was planning on getting to the stadium at about 5pm then find parking and food. Do you think the restaurants within walking distance will be jammed and should I eat before getting there? 

I'm flying solo and have what I think is a pretty awesome seat, on the center aisle, row 32.  BTW, I just checked Ticket master and the only seats left are outside the 10s.

There's a good chance the places on West End will be packed. Probably better to find something on the Broadway/Hillsboro Village side. 

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Parking

The number of high school buses that come to this show is staggering, and they take up a significant portion of the parking in the large lot just southwest of the stadium. I might look at parking along the streets in the neighborhood just south of Wedgewood. That's just across the street from the warm up area for corps, btw, and is a short walk to the stadium.

Just a note, the corps buses all park along Natchez Place, and that entire road will be closed for the event. That's the road that runs right next to the stadium and the Vanderbilt football practice field.

Btw, if it rains, Vandy does have a state of the art, brand new indoor football practice facility. I don't know if they can or would prefer this to not playing at all, but it is right next to the warm up area.

One of the unique things about Vandy is that it is an urban campus, and all of the athletics facilities are crammed right next to each other in this entire five block area. So once you are there, you can walk to anything in the area.

Food

Hundreds of great restaurants in the area. The Hillsboro Village neighborhood is a good option in general as it is walkable from the stadium. That is the intersection just southeast of the stadium, at Wedgewood and 21st Avenue. There is a Sportsmans Grill in that area, and also Jonathan's is very good.

If you park around Centennial Park, which is just north of Vandy across West End, the Elliston Place neighborhood is full of good restaurants, The old Elliston Place Soda Shop and Rotiers are excellent old school places, and you now also have newer restaurants there. I think there is a Logans Roadhouse. This are is also easily walkable to the stadium.

West of the stadium area, right on West End, there are several restauarants as you drive in toward Nashville proper. Parking can be a challenge in this area, but all the food is right there on Wesf Emd. Again, all easily walkable.

I don't think the indoor practice facility is available. Memorial Gym is close, but I bet they'll just cancel for bad weather. 

Uggggh. Where to eat?!? I've been craving Otaku South lately. 

If you do go to Hillsboro Village, Fido and Provence are great for coffee and Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream is worth going to. 

1 minute ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I don't think the indoor practice facility is available. Memorial Gym is close, but I bet they'll just cancel for bad weather. 

Uggggh. Where to eat?!? I've been craving Otaku South lately. 

If you do go to Hillsboro Village, Fido and Provence are great for coffee and Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream is worth going to. 

Memorial won't be available, it is not air conditioned during the offseason. And, vandy is extremely protective of the floor surface. Usually they are refinishing it this month anyway.

Hattie B's Hot Chicken

San Antonio Taco Company

Amerigo (terrific regional chain)

Obies Pizza (Elliston area)

Brick Tops (omg, the sugar bacon...)

Maggianos (make a reservation)

Tin Angel (where I got engaged, when it was called 32nd Avenue)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Memorial won't be available, it is not air conditioned during the offseason. And, vandy is extremely protective of the floor surface. Usually they are refinishing it this month anyway.

Hattie B's Hot Chicken

San Antonio Taco Company

Amerigo (terrific regional chain)

Obies Pizza (Elliston area)

Brick Tops (omg, the sugar bacon...)

Maggianos (make a reservation)

Tin Angel (where I got engaged, when it was called 32nd Avenue)

I don't know why they're protective of it...disgusting old building with a messed up configuration.

Hattie B's is one of my favorites. That line though........... I always order online. Just walk in and pick it up. Pisses ppl in line off that I walk ahead of them. Sorry if I beat the system. I'm not waiting an hour or two. 

Seoul Funk Brother, Martin's BBQ, Puckett's Grocery, The Southern, Cochon Butcher, Burger Up...

And I highly recommend Las Paletas in 12 South for dessert.   

Rolf & Daughters and City House are amazing if you want to pay a bit more. 

Edited by phd-student-TTU