Clifton: Part Dos - August 2, 2017

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

BK not even in the same league as BAC,  Maybe SOA, BS, and the rest.

I will save you time. Here ya go

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

For the record emc2 does not represent my opinion on here. He also does not represent the boston crusaders opinion either. He only makes himself look bad by his negative comments toward other corps. 

Sorry I thought his quote would appear with my reply but it didn't.

12 minutes ago, Liahona said:

For the record emc2 does not represent my opinion on here. He also does not represent the boston crusaders opinion either. He only makes himself look bad by his negative comments toward other corps. 

He means well. I know him. But he has trouble expressing himself in a manner that he is intending, but is just not working for him, nor coming out the way he really wants it too on here, imo. Thats frustrating for all. I'm cutting him some slack, as I know he's a great guy, means well, is a terrific Cru Alum, and he devotes ( and his Brother ) a lot of meaningful time, energy, money to the Corps. His heart is in the right place, and he is not a mean spirited guy in the least. Not at all.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

He means well. I know him. But he has trouble expressing himself in a manner that he probably is intending, but its just not working for him, nor coming out the way he really wants it too on here. I'm cutting him some slack, as I know he's a great guy, means well, is a terrific Cru Alum, and he denotes ( and his Brother ) a lot of meaningful time, energy, money to the Corps.

I get it but it just comes across has a bit elitist. The "not in the same league" then adding SOA. BS and the rest makes it sound like BAC is in the top tier and the rest are just...well..... crumbs.

Edited by afd

Just now, afd said:

I get it but it just comes across has a bit elitist. The "not in the same league" then adding SOA. BS and the rest makes it sound like BAC is in the G7 and the rest are just...well crumbs.

Fixed your post

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

He means well. I know him. But he has trouble expressing himself in a manner that he is intending, but is just not working for him, nor coming out the way he really wants it too on here, imo. Thats frustrating for all. I'm cutting him some slack, as I know he's a great guy, means well, is a terrific Cru Alum, and he devotes ( and his Brother ) a lot of meaningful time, energy, money to the Corps.

I trust your word, but maybe he should think twice about comments he writes. Apparently he is a good guy, but still not an excuse. I can understand passion, but have perspective in what you write. I am glad BAC is making strides. But just because they are having a good year, do not demean other corps. Its called respect. Respect should go to all the corps , whether 1st or 30th.

Edited by oldcadetsop
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, afd said:

I get it but it just comes across has a bit elitist. The "not in the same league" then adding SOA. BS and the rest makes it sound like BAC is in the top tier and the rest are just...well..... crumbs.

I agree. it came across as elitist, and is most unfortunate for him to have said that. I don't really believe he means this, nor wants anyone to think that Boston is a snobbery filled, elitist Corps ( they are not.. far from it, imo ). But his words do have to be taken as typed.. no getting around that. As Liahona states accurately here, emc2 speaks for himself on here with what he says. I suppose in that respect we ALL do on here, no matter our connections, or love for any Corps or Corps we all might have.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I agree. it came across as elitist, and is most unfortunate for him to have said that. I don't really believe he means this, nor wants anyone to think that Boston is a snobbery filled, elitist Corps ( they are not.. far from it, imo ). But his words do have to be taken as typed.. no getting around that. As Liahona states accurately here, emc2 speaks for himself on here with what he says.

My take, unless it is a member, staff, etc. of a corps. I never take a persons  view/post as a voice of the corps. LOL. If what a "fan" says speaks for a corps this place is a nuclear bomb.

Edited by oldcadetsop
  • Like 3

Kind of my thoughts too... I'm as big a BK fan as there is but I never speak for the corps. In addition I never took any offense to his comments about BK and their competitive level. If anyone has been around BK long enough you'll know that there always seem to be strong opinions about them. They are loved and also not loved by many, it's all opinions and everyone is entitled to them:)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wesleyrp said:

Kind of my thoughts too... I'm as big a BK fan as there is but I never speak for the corps. In addition I never took any offense to his comments about BK and their competitive level. If anyone has been around BK long enough you'll know that there always seem to be strong opinions about them. They are loved and also not loved by many, it's all opinions and everyone is entitled to them:)

I agree Wes. You predicted on the '" 2017 Placement Predictions" thread that Boston would fail to make Finals this season ( you predicted them 13th ). I thought it was perfectly fine too when you did that. It was just your opinion for a future event, and you did not put any insulting things as comments when you placed Boston out of Finals for this season either. So there was no need for any reply, imo. On the other hand, when someone states on here that so and so Corps that is CURRENTLY in 8th is" maybe in the same league " as a 17th place Corps ( 9 points or so back ) it is a bit unfair comment to make to that Corps ( in this case BK ). Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And others are free to reply to a comment that does not seem fair to another Corps too. A couple of us just did.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1