Best Last Minute-ish of a Show

Lots of great endings. 

My ALL-TIME FAVORITE ENDING: 2000 Cadets!  

For the BIG Powerful, In Your Face ending it's Madison Scouts 1988 or 1995

For the Great American ending it's Cadets 1995 or Troopers Sunburst (79 or 86)

For the Story-Telling theme show it's Phantom Regiment 2008 (although Santa Clara 1988 comes close, that was goose-bump city too)

For the Classic maneuver ending it's Garfield Cadets 1983 (Z-pull)

For the Wicked Maneuver, don't try this at home or with your HS band ending it's Star of Indiana 1991 (cross to cross)

For the Comic Opera ending it's Velvet Knights (Anaheim, CA) 1992. The shark bit with fat opera singer and bugs bunny music is classic DCI fun.

Edited to add one more below:

For the Ballad Closer I always loved the Blue Devils closers of the late 70s and early 80s. In particular 1980 comes to mind. BD closes with "Dindi" and then they go into a tag of songs from earlier in the show, mostly "La Suerte de los Tontos."  Also, you will not hear a better collection of soloists in any DCI show than you will in the 1980 Blue Devils.

Just a few :)

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Be warned. I have it on good authority that unless you have a "wealth of experience, knowledge, and wisdom" you really can't "determine with any real credibility" that one show, or even one minute of a show, is better than any other show or excerpt thereof. So everyone posting to this thread is apparently treading on thin ice.

Why are goalposts painted yellow?

Why not hot pink or neon blue?

I saw a corps wear hot-pink tu-tu's once.

• Like 1