A question for the purists: was there more that could have been done?

Whatever happened 30-40 years ago... whatever the attendance was at Montreal, Denver, wherever... it sure seems DCI has recovered nicely from the dark days of the 1990s, when the organization was financially on the ropes and nearly taking the full count, and championships attendance... the Orlando years and elsewhere... was not exactly stellar.  LOL. 

I've always taken accounts of attendance back in the day... either at DCI championships, regular-season DCI or DCA shows, pre-DCI era shows, shows like the World Open, National Dream, etc.,  with a grain of salt.

At various times over the years, I've heard folks talk about attendance numbers that were larger than the actual seating capacity of some venues, or about the "full houses" that actually were half-full.  :tongue:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

And as I said, my message is squarely for them, not you.  Hopefully, some of them will see it.  Whether they take it to heart or not is on them, not me.

Well you have one here.Rest assure a few have seen it and amused also.

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

And if so, then fine.  When my time comes, I'll die with the satisfaction of knowing I stood up for what I believe in, despite your best efforts to tell me that there's no point.  And if that amuses corps directors, then so be it.

39 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

But at the end of the day, my comments aren't really for you.  They're for the corps directors and techs who read the comments on this site.  Let them read mine, and let them read yours.  Let THEM decide if they should listen to former supporters who have become disenfranchised with the direction of the activity, or listen instead to enablers who blindly praise everything they do without question, and whose mantra is "leave the past in the past".  

Who, exactly, do you think has proposed and ratified all of the rules changes? Who, exactly, do you think dreams up the props or the costumes or the electronic effects?

I'm pretty sure they've already decided how much they care about disenfranchised former supporters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

And if so, then fine.  When my time comes, I'll die with the satisfaction of knowing I stood up for what I believe in, despite your best efforts to tell me that there's no point.  And if that amuses corps directors, then so be it.

then  we finally agree

2 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

Who, exactly, do you think has proposed and ratified all of the rules changes? Who, exactly, do you think dreams up the props or the costumes or the electronic effects?

I'm pretty sure they've already decided how much they care about disenfranchised former supporters. 

Logic?

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

then  we finally agree

If it's really that important to you, then sure.  Now, do you feel like you've won something?  Because that's totally not what this is about.

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

It would be so extremely enjoyable to see you, as well as other techs and directors, and Bobby 'face to face' in the lot.  I would pay to watch!!!

7 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

Bloviating here!!!! Here on a Blog Chat Room!!!! 'THAT' is standing up for what you deep down believe in?????  Really???  Now if you are nose to nose, face to face, spouting the things you say here, such as calling John Meehan's or J.D. Shaw's writing is like teenagers snorting cocaine off the backs of hookers, and saying that directly to their faces within their punching distance, now that is standing up for what you believe in.  Have you done that oh Boobie?

• Like 1