Enough Judging Conspiracy Theories

Just now, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Exactly.

Thus, the herd mentality. Or self fulfilling prophecy. Or as Eddie Fogler once wisely said, Every official knows which team is supposed to win.

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Thus, the herd mentality. Or self fulfilling prophecy. Or as Eddie Fogler once wisely said, Every official knows which team is supposed to win.

That's certainly possible.  But when I look at [my particular caption] I seriously don't give two cents.  As in my original post, when I put my number down, that's relevant.  It may call the show.  No questions asked.

1 minute ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

No questions asked.

Sorry I lied.  Questions were asked twice.  

In two shows, Chief Judge have asked me if I really want to put down my numbers.  And answers were always yes.  They do their due diligence.

Again, truly appreciate your time and service, and passion for the activity. Thanks for contributing. 

There is no question things are changing at an atomic level right now. And quickly. In the end, the corps directors decide what the activity should be, based mostly on the sheets and the judges. If judges just don't get what is happening, then unfortunately they will need to be replaced.. I wouldn't want the job of a judge, not in an activity this tight knit! You have to love it to do it, no question about it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

I wouldn't want the job of a judge, not in an activity this tight knit! You have to love it to do it, no question about it!

Please still consider it @MikeRapp, in every activity, in every circuit, we could always use your criticism.

Edited by DeusExGreenMachina

4 minutes ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

I'm saying that I do not know what to you are referring.  Can you kindly rephrase?  

Here is a direct quote from your original post: "Many current judges should consider retiring.  The activity has changed considerably in the past decade--let alone the past several decades--and corps art is not being recognized properly."

The most drastic artistic changes in the DCI activity has actually been lead by the more experienced design staff. So here is my question: How can you reconcile your cliam that current DCI judges should retire with the fact that within DCI older and newer judges tend to both adjudicate and reward the drastic artistic changes exactly the same way? Why should most older and current DCI judges retire when they are, in fact, already rewarding the the current changes with high top scores?

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Here is a direct quote from your original post: "Many current judges should consider retiring.  The activity has changed considerably in the past decade--let alone the past several decades--and corps art is not being recognized properly."

The most drastic artistic changes in the DCI activity has actually been lead by the more experienced design staff. So here is my question: How can you reconcile your cliam that current DCI judges should retire with the fact that within DCI older and newer judges tend to both adjudicate and reward the drastic artistic changes exactly the same way? Why should most older and current DCI judges retire when they are, in fact, already rewarding the the current changes with high top scores?

1) @StuThanks for the reply.  Yeah so I never said ALL or EVERY.  I said many.

2) You just proved your point with your own post-- old Judges judging old design.  Get it?  Okay.  Good night.

1 minute ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

@StuT

2) You just proved your point with your own post-- old Judges judging old design.  Get it?  Okay.  Good night.

Nope.  Old judges in DCI are judging new designs (and coming to the exact same conclusions as the new judges). So, why should they retire?

10 minutes ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Please still consider it @MikeRapp, in every activity, in every circuit, we could always use your criticism.

I have been asked to consider helping direct a corps. But judging? No way I am qualified for that. Hundreds of folks who have far more invested in the activities deserve it more than I do. Plus, I wouldn't tolerate some of the bs I see and hear from certain organizations.

Just now, Stu said:

Nope.  Old judges in DCI are judging new designs (and coming to the exact same conclusions as the new judges). So, why should they retire?

Not saying they should all retire.  Why do you think I'd suggest such a thing?  My premise is that you should be judging if you already are not, since you probably have some dissatisfaction with the judging.