Show Announcement Delays

Still waiting...

pvzs6jkcfis0jtl6g.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I will say suspense sells to a point. basically to the point of when it's been over done and that's where we are now. The  coats in 2016 was a super unique situation that will probably never happen again. so everybody trying to chase that magic is pretty futile.  :) 

Long tenured fan here… I always get my tickets as soon as I can which is usually before the public offerings since I've been a fan for so long.  can always sell them down the road  :) 

i used to get uptight...but then i realized i usually got my expectations up too high on what was listed compared to what ended up being on the field. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Well of course but  when I saw commercials for it   they also had me thinking holy {^|!##.  I can't wait to see this thing which is now what's lacking a bit. didn't hurt Santa Clara 2004 when they  released stuff all off season long. ended up being the crowds favorite  on finals night in Denver. 

It seems you got turn to the Darkside Jeff… You and I used to agree all the time on things  :) lol

and then SCV in 14 announced, and could never live up to the hype of 04. Kinda why Cadets keep avoiding an entire App Spring show. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and then SCV in 14 announced, and could never live up to the hype of 04. Kinda why Cadets keep avoiding an entire App Spring show. 

and why they should have avoided a whole MASS show...

Maybe this all just means that corps should be looking into different places for music? Like as much as I may not have cared for the Bloo route last year, they definitely mixed it up with source music and that's not always a bad thing. There's loads of music that either hasn't been done or was never done to anywhere close to its potential, so maybe stop with the retreads?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MelloMatt said:

and why they should have avoided a whole MASS show...

Maybe this all just means that corps should be looking into different places for music? Like as much as I may not have cared for the Bloo route last year, they definitely mixed it up with source music and that's not always a bad thing. There's loads of music that either hasn't been done or was never done to anywhere close to its potential, so maybe stop with the retreads?

they can do what they want. but i've never decided to buy a ticket solely on what someone was playing

• Like 1

We'll see earlier announcements when it benefits the corps. 

What if we crowd-funded a pool of money?  I nominate @Liahona to be the treasurer.  The first of the Top 5 to officially announce their show will get 30% of the kitty.  The next gets 25%, then 20%, then 15%, then 10%.  If any five of the 6 - 12 corps release their shows before the Top 5, those five corps get to split the money in the same proportions.  No money is released until each corps has completed one competition with their originally declared show.  

Edited by Ediker
clarity

Maybe some of it has to do with the growing popularity of WGI with guards and percussion.  The marching arts fan base is growing with regard to WGI......if drum corps announced during the WGI season then maybe the corps announcements would get lost within what is going on at the time.

To visit the Star Wars reference brought up earlier.....as a huge Star Wars fan I am really looking forward to the new Han Solo film........I don't need or want to know what is going on with Episode 9 right now.

Also with regard to comparing marketing of Star Wars vs Drum Corps.

The amount of merchandise created by a Star Wars film is on a different level than that of Drum Corps marketing.......Star Wars clothing, video games, toys etc....  is a big part of that.

"Hey mom and dad, can I get some drum corps action figures".....said no kid ever 

On 5/9/2018 at 12:46 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i used to get uptight...but then i realized i usually got my expectations up too high on what was listed compared to what ended up being on the field. 

I experienced that many times especially when a corps said they were going to play some David Brubreck and played a whole 16 counts.

It is just nice to know going in wha the overall direction/ theme is going to be. Like with Crowns announcement... they are obviously not playing something like Rach Star. It's nice to know 

15 hours ago, dbg said:

Maybe some of it has to do with the growing popularity of WGI with guards and percussion.  The marching arts fan base is growing with regard to WGI......if drum corps announced during the WGI season then maybe the corps announcements would get lost within what is going on at the time.

To visit the Star Wars reference brought up earlier.....as a huge Star Wars fan I am really looking forward to the new Han Solo film........I don't need or want to know what is going on with Episode 9 right now.

Also with regard to comparing marketing of Star Wars vs Drum Corps.

The amount of merchandise created by a Star Wars film is on a different level than that of Drum Corps marketing.......Star Wars clothing, video games, toys etc....  is a big part of that.

"Hey mom and dad, can I get some drum corps action figures".....said no kid ever 

Obviously drum corps is not  even in the same universe (pun intended) as Star Wars but here's the thing, what if corps did this put out a video/trailer of one minute of their show (remember their shows are 11 +) at the end of the vid say our 2018 show shirt is on sale at our website and/or get your tickets to our home show.etc.  generate buzz and some $ 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Obviously drum corps is not  even in the same universe (pun intended) as Star Wars but here's the thing, what if corps did this put out a video/trailer of one minute of their show (remember their shows are 11 +) at the end of the vid say our 2018 show shirt is on sale at our website and/or get your tickets to our home show.etc.  generate buzz and some $ 

All for it.