Favorite shows and moments of 2018 so far

Boston's " Marimba Spiritual " Percussion piece. The FE, and the battery playing here is fantastic. Even the visuals that the Battery does in the piece is fabulous.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I've only seen the show once that I recall. Is it "beatnik" or is it "scat" singing which predates the 50s?  It seemed like the latter to me, but those in the know or a second viewing could certainly change my opinion. 

Scat singing goes back to the 20's with ragtime scatting but reached an apex with bebop singers. Beatnik is a term that came about in the late 50's to describe the people of the Beat culture which had been a growing part of the subculture since Jack Kerouac introduced the phrase "Beat Generation" in the late 40's. Beatniks adopted bebop as their music and even emulated the styles and slang of boppers such as Dizzy Gillespie (berets, soul patches etc...).   

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, quietcity said:

Bloo: the singer-tuba duet, and the trumpet-trombone trio that starts the ballad. This is just pure music. 

And extra credit for Bloo's color scheme and uniforms. There are not many corps outfits that you could wear to go clubbing. 

I just bought some lavender jeans.  They’ll go great with my new Bloo shirt.  :laughing:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Forgot to mention SOA. Love that show! Hoping for it to knock on finals door!

• Like 6

If I had to label one favorite moment well I could listen to BD ballad all day but I have to say from top to bottom (of top 15ish) this year is just plain fun!  I’m still not sure who is going to be wearing hardware at the end of the year but man,  the fans are sure winners this year. 

• Like 3

Bloo’s fake opening hit and spirits opener are my favorite so far. 

• Like 2