Sacramento, CA - July 6, 2018

13 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Vanguard Cadets (Santa Clara, CA)

New uniforms!

CmepX8D.jpg

tqsF9XU.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Oh my, they look like the old pajamas that you see in movies. Not very flattering.

4 minutes ago, Mega said:

Oh my, they look like the old pajamas that you see in movies. Not very flattering.

The whole SCV organization swung and missed badly on uniforms this year. 

I think I see my kid in that squished pic— he said they were still fitting the unis last week. Thanks posting these! :)

His Dad in Hawaii

37 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Blue Devils B (Concord, CA)

p9Ccunl.jpg

tQ4na7g.jpg

Vpi5Xc4.jpg

SCt6Zso.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Really nice photos! Today was a great day for clouds. I pulled out my fuji and put on my Yashica lens and got some great ones.

14 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The whole SCV organization swung and missed badly on uniforms this year. 

In your opinion. If either or both corps win their respective classes this year it won’t matter....just as it didn’t last year.

According to my kid, while he loved the “classic” look they wore for the Rose Parade in 2017 for its sheer “badassery” effect he concedes the spandex is a whole lot easier to move around in. 

Edited by TRacer
Darn typos (only one good eye!)
  • Like 3

Quick Recap

BDB: Guard was great.  Hornline must of had an off night.  Noticeable lack of power and some pretty obvious mistakes.   Good show.  

SCVC: The uniforms are great.   The hornline sounded amazing.  Pretty big step up from BDB in terms of power and volume.   Guard was a little off but good moments.   This show has potential to win it all (I think it’s a better designed show than BDB) but they need to perform it a number of times to make it tighter.   I think they beat BDB tonight.  

Mandarins:   WOW.   Great show.   I don’t want to put the cart before the horse, but I don’t think the question is if they make finals but how high can they go?  I think they are looking at an outside chance for as high as 9!     Go see this show!!!!!

• Like 3